Chapter 4 - Getting Back On Track

A few days later...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

"Are you serious?!" Himari exclaimed.

"I'm sorry that you're going through so much..." Tsugumi said in a sad tone.

I figured since I told Ran and Tomoe the truth about what I am going through, I figured I would come right out and told Himari and Tsugumi the same thing. Moca, being the kind friend that she was, comforted me I was crying my heart out a bit.

"It's okay, you two. Thanks for listening." I barely replied. I wanted to talk properly, but it was hard to do so with the tears coming out of my eyes.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Moca asked.

"Probably get a job, and make enough money to live on my own." I said and let out a sigh.

"But you can't keep living outside, though." Himari said.

"You have a point, but... what should I do?" I asked them. I doubt they'll have no idea what to do, though.

"You know... if you want... you can stay with me and my dad until you do find a place." Ran offered as her face turned red.

"Are you sure I can?" I asked.

"I-If you want to, that is." She replied, stuttering.

I guess that'll be better than sleeping outside. However, Moca spotted a chance to tease her childhood friend.

"Aww, look at Ran inviting boys over under the age of 18." She teased.

"Shut up, Moca!" Ran snapped.

"Just saying, if you're going to do stuff that you're not proud of, make sure to find a necktie and hang it on the outside of the door knob." She added and a smirk grew on her face.

"Okay, enough out of you!" Ran said as her face turned completely red. She even covered her face as we began to laugh at her a little, even I was laughing, despite the pain.

"So, (Y/N), do you want me to ask my father if you can stay for a while?" Ran asked me once the teasing at died down.

"I guess it couldn't hurt. Do you think he'll be okay with it?" I asked.

"We won't know unless we ask him." Ran said.

"I guess so."

Then to my surprise, Ran took my hand and we began to head off to her house. Having Ran hold my hand like this... it's making me feel warm and calm on the inside.
______________________________________

Location - Mitake Residence, Living Room

As we got to Ran's house, her father was waiting for her and he was most surprised to see me here.

"Ran, isn't that the boy you were hanging out with?" He asked.

"Yeah." Ran answered him quietly.

"What made you decide to bring him over?" He asked. This is where I should step in to answer the question.

"You see, sir, my parents abandoned me and I don't have anywhere else to go, so Ran thought it'll be a good idea for me to live with you two until I can get a job and find my own place." I explained.

Mr. Mitake didn't say anything for a while. He's probably thinking about my situation right now.

"Well, I don't really want to say no, but I don't have a spare room for you to stay in." He said.

I had a feeling that he was going to say that, but at least hearing that was better than a no, and kicking straight up telling me to leave.

"Father, couldn't he just stay with me in my room?" Ran suggested.

"Okay, that is definitely a no." He said.

"And why not?" Ran asked him with a glare.

"Because I am not comfortable with my daughter sharing a room with a boy." He said. A typical father response.

"I promise we're not going to anything." Ran promised.

"My answer is still a no." He firmly told his daughter.

"What if I just slept on the couch?" I suggested.

"Are you want to do that?" He asked.

"Yeah. I do it all the time at my grandma's." I said.

(Note: Based on a true thing that I do.)

"Well, I guess I can allow that, but I won't blame you if you change your mind and want to leave." He said.

"I think I can manage. It is temporary after all." I said.

"Very well. Let me go get an extra blanket and pillow for you." He said and walked away.
______________________________________

A few days later...

Ran and her father had been so kind to me with letting me stay with them until I can get back on my feet. I did my best to find a part-time whenever I got out of school, and I think I did found one, but I was letting my nerves get the better of me. The place that was hiring was a candy shop that was in the shopping district. Every time I go by it, I would see that it is still hiring, but I never got the chance to bring it up with the manager.

But eventually, I was able to talk to the manager and I was able to get the job, which made me feel happy. And of course, Ran and her father were happy for me.

While I was happy that I was able to finish the first step into getting my life together, I was still feeling the pain of losing my parents.

"*sigh* I can't get them out of my head no matter how hard I tried." I said to myself.

I wonder where they are exactly? It has been almost two weeks since I last spoke to them. Maybe they left down, or decided to flee the country altogether. Either way, it doesn't feel the same without them.

"Mom... dad... I know you probably think I'll never amount to anything and never loved me to begin with, I was still thankful that you brought me to this world, and I have no problem taking myself out of it..." I said to myself to myself and began to cry softly while laying down.

Sooner or later, I'll have to move on from the abandonment my parents brought upon me and try to get through life on my own, but that might be impossible...

What do you think?

To be continued

A/N: Thank you for reading chapter 4, and I hope you guys liked it. Will (Y/N) ever get it together, or will something darker happen? See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)