Chapter 10 - Putting The Past In The Past

The next week...

Location - Old (L/N) Residence

Your POV

After completing steps one and two in getting my life together, it was time for me to take part in the next and final step: saying goodbye to my parents for good. I know they're no longer in Japan, so you might be wondering how am I going to pull this off? Simple, I plan on stopping by my old house and let it all out.

However, I don't plan on doing this by myself. I got Ran by my side, of course, along with the other members of Afterglow. If I had to do this all by myself, I would be nervous, so I was thankful that they showed up.

"Do you really think I can do this?" I asked the Afterglow girls.

"I think you can do it." Tomoe said.

"This is just a challenge that you need to overcome." Tsugumi said.

"And we're behind you every step of the way." Himari chimed in.

"And Moca-chan will support you... all the way from Twitter." Moca said with a cheeky smile. She would say something like that.

I looked towards Ran, who gave me a smile and took my hand.

"Go on, I know you can do it." She said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Having that kiss was the encouragement I needed. I faced the abandoned house, and spoke what was on my mind.

"Mom... Dad... I know you probably don't live here anymore, but I have something I would like to say to you two..." I started to say.

I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I'm done with you two! Throughout my life, you guys have been treating me nothing but garbage, and I am sick of it!"

Afterglow stayed silent as they were speechless by my outburst.

"When it was my birthday, you guys never seem to care, and when I told you about a school club I was in, you asked me what was the point in joining!" I continued.

"And you know what? I'm actually glad you two are gone, because now, I can focus on myself and my needs!"

"Wherever you guys are now... I HOPE YOU GUYS BURN IN THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL!" I shouted for a final time.

All of that yelling has made me feel out of breath. Tomoe placed her hand on my back as she gave me a smile.

"Did that feel good to get that out of your system?" She asked.

"Yeah, it actually does." I replied.

"Does it feel like you have overcome your past now?" Tsugumi asked.

"I think so, but I don't know..."

"I think you have." Ran said.

"You really think so?" I asked, not convinced.

"Yeah. I mean, think about everything you have done after being abandoned by your parents." She mentioned.

Looking back on it, I guess she could be right. Instead of being upset most of the time, I pulled myself together and got a job, as well as a new place to live. And during those moments, I never thought about my parents and how horrible they were towards me. I guess I did let go of the past.

"Yeah... you're right." I said as I smiled at everyone.

"Now that it is actually over, how about we all go eat somewhere? My treat." I offered.

The Afterglow girls were happy to accept that and headed towards the local restaurant. Ran and I were behind everyone else, as we held hands and smiled at each other.

"I love you, Ran." I said.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." She replied.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 10, and I hoped you liked it. I had to write a short conclusion to all the drama that (Y/N) went through in the book. That's why it was short. That probably won't matter to a lot of you, but for me, I'll feel uneasy if I don't. Hope you guys will like what I have in store for the other half of this book.

See you guys in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)