Chapter 12 - Practice Teaching The Arrangement

Next week...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

I promised Ran that I would help her do a good job at teaching at her father's flower arranging class. But in order to make that come true, I need to help her with practice as much as possible, and getting support from the other members of Afterglow without them teasing her is the first step.

So I made my way to Hazawa Coffee and I was able to find four of the five members of Afterglow. In other words, everyone but Ran.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun. Welcome." Tsugumi greeted me with a smile.

"Hi everyone. It's nice to see you all again." I replied.

"If you're looking for Ran, she is not available right now." Himari said.

"Hii-chan, he probably already knows that." Moca replied.

"Oh, right..."

"It's fine. I'm here to see all of you." I said.

"All of us? What for?" Tomoe asked.

"Well..." I started before taking a seat near them. "Before I say anything, do you promise not to laugh or tease Ran?"

That really got their attention.

"We promise we won't!" Tsugumi said.

"What's going on?" Himari asked.

"Well, in a month, Ran is going to be teaching flower arranging at her father's school, and it would mean a lot if you guys can show up and not tease her about it." I said.

The others looked at each other in silence. I don't think Ran teaching was something they didn't expect to hear. But Moca couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Ran... teaching... Oh my god, I never thought I would see the day!" Moca said as she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah, I can never imagine her doing something like that." Himari said.

"Come on, you two, saying stuff like that is the reason why Ran didn't say a word to us to this event." Tomoe said.

"I guess you have a point..." Himari said with a sad tone.

"Moca-chan feels bad now." She said, although it's hard to tell with that facial expression of hers.

"W-Well, you said we can come if we don't tease her, right?" Tsugumi asked.

"That's what she told me, yes." I replied.

The girls looked at each other, unsure how to respond. They made serious faces as they gave me their answers.

"I want to go!" Tsugumi said.

"I want to go as well." Himari said.

"Same here. Ran is our friend, and we should support her no matter what she's doing." Tomoe said. I guess Ran was overreacting about the whole teasing part.

"Moca, do you want to support your friend as well?" I asked her.

"Okay, I will. And Moca-chan promises not to tease her about it." She said.

"Do you really promise that?" Himari asked, not trusting her.

"Girl scouts honor." She replied.

"You never did girl scouts..." I said, making my bruh face.

"Oh, right."
______________________________________

The following weekend...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

I was able to share the news with Ran that no one from Afterglow will tease her during her teaching session, and would come to show their support. It did made her feel happy, but she was still unsure about this.

When the weekend rolled around, we all gathered at my place so Ran could practice teaching in front of us. Being as this is their first time here, Moca, Himari, Tomoe and Tsugumi began looking around while Ran was getting ready. However, she seemed to be taking her time, and this made us worried.

"Do you think Ran-chan is ready yet?" Tsugumi asked.

"I don't know... I think she might be scared." Himari pointed out.

"I think I'll go check on her." I said.

However, Ran did show up. She was wearing a kimono and had a flower vase in her hands. She stared at us with visible confusion. To be honest, Ran looked beautiful in that kimono of hers, and the other members are thinking the same thing.

"Why are you guys staring at me like that?" She asked.

"Nothing. It's just..." I started.

"You look really nice in that kimono, Ran-chan." Tsugumi finished.

Ran blushed a little.

"Aww, Ran is embarrassed. How cute." Moca said.

"Moca, no teasing, remember?" Tomoe scolded.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

"Well Ran, ready to practice?" I asked.

"I guess. How is this suppose to work anyway?" She replied.

"Simple. We'll be the new students who don't know anything about flower arranging, and you just got to teach us the basics." I explained.

"That's all?"

"That's all. Do you think you can do it?"

She nodded her head for yes. The five of us sat next to each other in a row in front of my coffee table. Ran was on the other side and placed the vase on said table. She took a deep breath and looked at all of us with a confident smile.

"Hello, class. I'm Mitake Ran, and I'm going to go over the basics of flower arranging, so make sure you pay attention."
______________________________________

Evening...

Location - Mitake Residence, Ran's Room

Ran's POV

I can't believe I had to practice teaching in front of my boyfriend and the other members of Afterglow. To be honest, I was completely nervous, but felt more relaxed as I got into it. And now that it is over, I think I am ready to do the real thing. I just need to remember everything I did.

"But... can I really do this?"

Then my phone alerted me of a text message.

"I wonder who this is?"

Your text: You did a good job practicing teaching in front of us.

Ran's text: Thanks. I guess it wasn't too bad.

Your text: Do you think you're ready for the real thing?

Ran's text: Honestly, I don't know. But I think I'll be okay if I have you there for support. 😳❤

Your text: Aww, I'll always support you. ;)

Now I don't think I can do this, I will do this.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 12 and I hoped you guys liked it. One last part to this three part story. Will it end on a high note, or will it lead to something else? Only one way to find out...

See you in the next chapter and have a good one. :)