Chapter 13 - Teacher And Student

The day of the event...

Location - Flower Arranging School

Your POV

The day we've been waiting for is finally here. Today is the day that Ran will be teaching her first flower arranging class. I won't lie, even though Ran has been practicing a lot, we were so nervous that chances are, she might slip up in the end.

So far, Ran seemed to be doing okay. She's keeping her composure in check. She's not freaking out. She's not blushing with embarrassment, and whenever a student asks her a question, she was able to answer it. And she had a nice lovely smile, too.

Me and the other members of Afterglow are watching all of this in the background.

"It looks like she is doing okay for now." Tsugumi said.

"Yeah, I guess all of that practicing she did is starting to pay off." Himari said.

"Moca-chan deserves an academy award for helping her childhood friend." Moca said, boasting a little.

"You mean all of us deserve an academy award?" Tomoe questioned.

"Umm, yeah, sure." She replied.

I didn't really engaged to the four voices behind me. I was too busy staring at my girlfriend in the distance like a stalker. Hmm, probably should not have said that... As the teaching went on, I noticed Ran talking to a student who was struggling.

"Excuse me, sensei?" She called out.

"Yes? How can I help you?" She asked.

"Do you think you could give me some feedback on my arrangement? I think I'm doing something wrong." The student requested.

"Sure, I'll have a look at it." She said and looked at the arrangement the student did.

Ran looked at it carefully.

"Well? Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

"Well, not really." Ran replied as she kept looking at the arrangement.

"Oh, then what can you say about it?" She asked.

"I'll have say that... it is rather formal." She said.

"Oh, it is?" The student asked looking rather upset with herself.

"Yeah, but if you ask me, this is a good first try. Keep experimenting until you can make the perfect flower arrangement for you." Ran said and smiled at her.

"Thanks, sensei! I promise to do my best!" The student said with confidence in her voice.

"Excuse me, but do you think I can get some feedback as well?" Another student asked.

"Oh, sure, one moment please." Ran called out before making her way to the student. This is starting to go a lot better than we thought.
______________________________________

Break time...

"Finally, a chance to take a break..." Ran said as she stepped out in the hallway, took a seat and drank a bottle of water.

The five of us made our way over to her.

"You're doing good so far, Ran." I said with a grin.

"Thanks, I guess." She plainly replied.

"How does it feel to be teaching flower arranging?" Tomoe asked.

"Honestly, not bad." Ran replied and gave a small smile.

"Aww, my little Ran is all grown up and interacting with people over the age of 13." Moca said, pretending to be emotional.

"Whatever you say, mom."

"Well, we think that you're doing a good job." Himari said.

"And the session is almost done, just hang in there." Tsugumi said.

"Hey, do you think we should go somewhere once this is done and over with?" Moca suggested.

"I like that idea." Tsugumi said.

"Me too. What do you think we should do?" I asked.

Before anyone could answer my question, Mr. Mitake headed over towards us.

"Ah, Ran, good thing I was able to find you." He said.

"Father? What's wrong?" She asked.

"I would say that you're doing a good job teaching. Do you want to stop and let me take over?" He asked.

Ran thought about his question for a moment. Her response took us all by surprise.

"No, I think I'll continue from here." She said.

"What?!" We all exclaimed in unison.

Ran simps: NANI?!

"Really? You want to continue?" He asked.

"Yeah. I might as well see it through to the end." She explained.

To be honest, I thought for sure that Ran was going to argue with her father about this. But in the end, he smiled as he supported her decision.

"Well Ran, if that is how you feel, then I'd say go for it." He said.

"Thanks father." 

At that moment, a timer went off. It meant it was time for Ran to get back to teaching.

"Well, I better get back now." She said and stood up.

"Do your best Ran." I said and kissed her cheek.

She blushed a little.

"Thanks, I'll need it."
______________________________________

Evening...

Location - The Park

As the day came to an end, the girls of Afterglow and I headed over to Hazawa Coffee and celebrated the fact that Ran did a good job teaching for the first time. She was embarrassed that we were praising her so much, but we were proud of her nonetheless.

And once it was time for us to go home, Ran and I made a quick stop by the park and looked at the stars.

"There are a lot of stars out tonight, huh?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but... they're not bad to look at either." She smiled.

We looked up at the sky in silence for a while, then...

"(Y/N)."

"Hm? Yes?"

Ran placed her hands on my cheeks before kissing me. I kissed her back, but I was also blushing at the same time. After the kiss, Ran stared at me.

"Thank you for everything that you have done for me." She said.

"Aww, you're welcome Ran. I'll always be here for you, just like you and the others did for me."

And then, we hugged each other under the starry sky.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 13, and I hoped you guys liked it. This book is slowly coming to an end, but who knows when I'll decide to spam it. See you guys in the next chapter and have a good one. ;)