Chapter 6 - Awkward Date?

Friday...

Location - Mitake Residence, Ran's Room

Your POV

Towards the end of the day, like after dinner, I was with Ran in her room. She was writing lyrics for a new song, and I was there to provide moral support for her.

"Okay, does this look good?" Ran asked as she gave me the notebook that had the lyrics in.

"I mean, they look fine to me." I said.

"Are you sure? I think they still need more work." She said.

"Trust me... it's, umm... fine." I said before looking away.

I have been feeling awkward around Ran lately, after being told that she could have a crush on me. I want to talk about it with her, but the problem is, how will she react to that? Will she be embarrassed if I bring it up with her? Will she tried to deny it? I feel like there are too many questions about this. 

"Is everything okay? You've been awfully silent for a while." Ran said.

"Oh, am I? I guess I never noticed." I replied, looking away.

She sat down next to me.

"If there is a problem going on about your parents, you can... you know... talk to me about it." Ran said as her face turned red a little.

"Well, thanks, but... it's not about my parents." I said.

"Oh, then if it's not that, what is it?" She asked.

"Well, ummm..." Oh god, how do I say it?

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." I said and looked away feeling embarrassed. 

Now things couldn't get any more awkward than this. I guess I could bring it up with her some other time. On the other hand, Ran believes that I am still bothered by what my parents did to me. She then came up with an idea to help me get past this.

"Hey, umm... is it okay if I asked you something?" She asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you... want to go to the flower shop with me tomorrow?" She asked with a blush.

"Oh, you mean like a date?" I asked.

Ran got embarrassed.

"I mean, I wouldn't exactly call it a date..." She struggled to say.

"Then what do you call it?" I asked.

"Two friends hanging out, I guess." She answered softly. Why did hearing that break my heart for some reason?

"Oh, then I guess I can go." I said, though I wish it was a date.

"Really? That's good. We can go tomorrow, if that is okay with you, of course." She said.

"Yeah, tomorrow is okay with me." I said and smiled. Probably the first smile I had made all day.
______________________________________

The next day...

"So you two are going out?" Mr. Mitake asked us the next day while we were getting ready to leave.

"Yeah, we won't be gone too long, though." Ran said.

"So, is it a date?" He asked.

"Huh? No! It's not a date!" Ran protested.

"If it's not a date, then what is it?" He asked.

"Just two friends hanging out, I guess." She said.

Mr. Mitake didn't look convinced to me. He thinks it's a date as well.

"Well, whatever you say. Nevertheless the less, I hope you guys have a good time, and try to keep me posted, will you?" He requested.

"Yeah, we will. Come on, (Y/N)."

"Coming."

Ran and I started to walk out of the house and headed to the flower shop. As we were walking over there, I noticed Ran doing something with her hand. Did she wanted to hold it? Well, whatever the reason, she wasn't doing it anymore.
______________________________________

Near the end of the day...

Location - Residential Area

I think Ran was able to make most of her time at the flower shop. The reason for us going was so Ran could find some inspiration for some flower arranging. I think she had some idea on what to do, but what was be the point in me tagging along? I guess I was just... there.

"Thanks for coming with me, (Y/N). I had a good time." She said and smiled.

"Huh? Oh, I'm glad you had a good time." I said and smiled a little myself.

"Say, umm... did you thought we were going on a date?" Ran asked.

"Well, I mean, kind of. After all, we were alone." I said.

"Oh, I see." She replied and glared angrily at me.

"Umm, are you okay?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Let's just get back before my father starts to worry about us, mostly me." She said and stormed forward.

To me, this is considered to be an awkward date, but for Ran, it sounded like it was anything but that. I bet I made her mad by assuming it was date when it wasn't. I guess I screwed up big time.

"Sorry, Ran..." I said and walked again, trying to keep up with her. And just in time, because as they say; winter is coming.

To be continued

A/N: Super sorry for this one being short and late, the day was slipping away and I couldn't get it done fast enough. Nonetheless, thanks for reading, and I hope you guys liked it. The next chapter will be Christmas-related, and the fourth Fantasy Season story, so make sure to look forward to that.

See you guys in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)