FIFTEEN

KRITI'S POV

Finally, We are standing at the door of Rishabh's house. His mother did our Aarti and ask me to dip my hands in haldi and imprint it on the wall. There were two more hand prints on the wall probably of Rishabh's sister-in-law.

Then she took us to Pooja room and me and Rishabh perform our first Pooja as married couple and took blessings from God followed by every elder present.

Aunty introduced me to many relatives but I don't remember half of them. In my defence many ladies had covered their face with veil even their chin was not visible and Rishabh warned me not to make eye contact with men while talking as his relatives are very orthodox. So, how the hell I am supposed to remember them. Sometimes I fell it is good I am a psychologist my professional skill will help me make a bond with Rishabh's family.

There were many rituals after Pooja and even some games that we played and I won majority of them.

Priya bhabhi and Gauri jijisa explained us our first ritual " So Rishabh you have to open all the seven knots of moli (a religious thread) tied on kriti's hand and krito you have  to open the one on Rishabhs hand but the fun part is kriti can use  both hand and Rishabh has to use only his one hand to open the knots. It is said that you both will solve your problems as smoothly as you open the knots so try your best" gauri jijisa said . Since I was using my both hands I did it quickly while Rishabh had took 8 minutes this will be fun to tease him latter I thought and controlled myself not to tease and laugh now.

"So, Rishabh bhaisa and Kriti ready for next ritual" Gauri jijisa asked and I nodded and Rishabh, this man winked at me and smirked making my eyes as big as saucer. He knows very well that  I cannot tease him back now in front of all his relatives and is thus taking full advantage of the situation.

"Bhaisa, you have to use your sword and move these plates to side and kriti you have to pick them up but make sure while you pick up plates, the plates should not make any noise otherwise it is said that your married life will have problems and fights."Riya bhabhi explained.

Rishabh moved all the plates to the sides. I slowly started taking each plate from ground without making noise but while picking last plate I accidently put my foot on my veil and was about to fall but Rishabh held me on time saving me but one plate fell on ground making noise

"Are kriti what you did? I told you plates should not make any noise otherwise it is said that your married life will have problems" Riya bhabhi said and I bowed my head down although I know all this are just games but hearing such thing that too on first day of your marriage does not feel good . how can anyone say like this to newly married couple I thought but thankfully masa scolded her and said, "Riya all this are just games for fun there is nothing like this"  I smiled at masa trying to say thank you through the smile.  I know riya bhabhisa is just jelaous I just need to ignore her .

"Are you fine? Sit here" Rishabh said making me sit on chair "Are you hurt?" he asked scared and worried checking my foot

I smiled and said, "Dont worry I am good"

"See Pooja how your son had smitten by his bride" one lady said

"Children's this days don't even feel shy at our time we won't be even looking at our husband in front of other" someone else said and all started laughing

"It's good thing aunty that our Rishabh had become so mature and responsible" gauri jijisa said and shut all the ladies

Like this till all the rituals and games got over it was past lunch time. we finally sat at lunch at 4 pm I was made to sit with Rishabh and we were asked to eat from same plate which had fifteen different items and two to three different types of liquids.