FOURTY ONE

RISHABH'S POV

Instead of going to our house I entered our flat which I had bought before joining his royal highness as his legal advisor. Kriti had designed the flat herself and the flat was fully furnished with staff cleaning it every alternate day which I cannot be more grateful for now. Thankfully today the staff was on leave so it was not to hard to keep Ayansh here and discuss with kriti everything without people hearing about it . I want to solve our issues before declaring the world Ayansh as my child so that it would be easy for me to control the situation . Because frankly I dont know what to do and how to do it without letting anyone speak ill of my child . So, I think taking one step at a time is the most logical and intelligent thing to do right now . And among dealing with my family, kriti's family, society and kriti....To tell kriti the truth is the first thing I want to do . Not only she has the right to know about Ayansh before anyone else but if my luck is good and kriti stands by me I would be able to handle everything else easily .

Ayansh was sleeping when I placed him in his crib and thus I decided to call kriti . I should have planned something like how to tell her or explain to her and convince her  but I cannot wait more. The more I will wait the more confidence I will loose .

Praying to God and gulping a glass of water I called kriti . The bell rang twice and she cut the call . Shit I thought and dialled again and again but every time she cut my call fearing she would switch off her cell I sent her a recorded message

"Kriti this is important. I am waiting for you at your flat please come here or at least call me back "

She read my message but did not reply. I am sitting here and waiting for her call or message or for her to come here . Because I cannot take Ayansh there .....all the staff we have there are provided by royals and discussing anything there will directly reach the ears of royal management which I don't want now ....not for my job but I don't want people to use my baby in pollitics just to see me fall .

After ten minutes my phone rang and it was kriti I received the call immediately and answered, "Hello" and all I got was silence from the other side .

"Kriti....." I said again

"Why do you want me to come to the flat?" She asked her voice in no nonsense tone

"Please come here I need to tell you something ....please kriti " I pleaded

"I am coming " she said thankfully understanding the seriousness in my voice

"Ask the driver to drop you here " I said knowing the crying must have triggered her migraine and she will not be in any condition to drive

"Hmm" she agreed without arguing confirming my doubt that her migraine is troubling her otherwise kriti never misses opportunity to drive . I immediately ordered her medicines for migraine her favourite sandwiches and cappucino knowing she must have not eaten anything .

Ayansh was sleeping in the next room I kept the door half open so that if he woke up and started crying I would now . The best thing about kriti is no matter what....however upset and angry she is, she never shouts ....she talks slowly yes firmly and sternly when required but slowly the thing that I had always admired about her but today I am grateful for. Because I don't want shouting and screaming while discussions that just make me lose my calm and today that the only thing that i will need is my patience and calm

After twenty minutes my door bell rang gathering all my courage I opened the door to see kriti and the delivery agent with medicines together standing there . As soon as I entered the door kriti saw food placed on table . I gave her medicines with glass of water and once she had them I started arranging our plates .

"Did you call me here for giving me  food and medicines?"  Kriti asked me sitting on sofa and taking her plate and mug

I did not said anything and started eating my sandwich she too ate her silently . I needed time to compose myself and think how to start explaining her and she needs to eat something first because this news will not help her to relieve her migraine . I was praying in my mind that please Ayansh don't wake up till I am done baby . Once kriti had her food I too kept my plate back .

"I had my food and medicines tell me why did you call me here ? " kriti said

I went and kneeled in front of her and took her hands in mine. She tried to remove her hand from my grasp but I held her hand in a gentle but firm grip and started speaking looking in her eyes because I want her to see my sincerity and honesty in my eyes , "kriti whatever I am going to say now please listen to it with a open mind ....belive me whatever I am telling you now will be truth word by word and my intentions towards you and our relations is pure . You are the only women in my life ....I...."

Kriti cut me and spoke , "Rishabh you are scaring me"

When I did not say anything she spoke , "please tell me you are saying all this because you are feeling guilty about cancelling your trip and there is nothing else ....please Rishabh "

I was about to say something when we heard Ayansh crying from the other room kriti frowned and looked at the door then at me ...we heard another shrill of cries.

I immediately went inside the room and took Ayansh in my arms kriti followed me . I started swaddling him like Meena showed me but he did not slept and kept crying . Kriti came and took Ayansh from me . She checked him and said "we need to change baby's diaper " . She helped me to change Ayansh's diaper and made him sleep and put him in his crib. Once Ayansh was asleep we both went outside .

"Whose Baby is this ? " She asked  frowning when I did not say anything she spoke "Is it Ajay's baby? Had he asked you to hide the baby from Meena ? No Ajay is not like that he loves meena ....Is the baby related to your case ? That is why Ajay asked you to cancel the trip? My god is the baby in danger ....Rishu you should have told me before in fact Ajay should have told us before.... I would have understood ....I am so sorry "  she said and hugged me "I should have not fought with you ....it's ok the baby's safety is more important than our trip.....I am so....so sorry darling"

Each word she spoke was breaking me from inside How could I do this to her ? How would I tell her the truth? But I need to tell her . She deserve it my wife deserve truth . My son deserve truth.