Chapter Twenty One - Betrayal

A/n: it's been forever right? I was a junior when I started this book and now I'm graduated, almost done with college, MCR came back and now I'm a 20-year-old teacher 🙏😭 thank you for all the support, I'm in a place where I want to continue this story for as long as possible. I've spent all day re-reading this story and I wish I could go back and edit and make it slower-paced (And maybe more cohesive), but I think it would be better to actually finish the book first. Thank you again! 

Word Count: 1302

Content Warning: Adult language and sexual content

I will never be a morning person, for the moon and I, are much too in love.

- Christopher Poindexter

It didn't take much explanation for F/n to start cleansing her entire house, and double cleansing her room. The salt was now thickly encircling the walls of her room. Though she seemed uncertain about summoning Frank after all that had happened. "I swear if he tries to hurt you any more than he already has... I have a crucifix on standby." 

I gave a weak smile, "I think getting rid of Alora is the biggest focus... for now at least." Dallon shifted uncomfortably next to me, rightfully so as we were talking about banishing his kind from Earth. From my own experience in the underworld, Earth is a nice place to be. 

"I'm going to be real with you, Y/n, I obviously have never done a seance, but we know Frank is somewhat attached to my spirit board, I'm just going to try to make the portal stronger to bring him back..." She placed two mirrors facing each other while the spirit-board laid on the ground in between. I had heard F/n talk about mirrors being a portal to another plane before. 

I turned towards Dallon to read his expression, but he was no longer in the room. A chill came over my body. "What's going on, F/n?" 

She opened her mouth to respond, but before a sound could come out, the deafening screams of the suffering seemed to be coming from the mirrors. I quickly covered my ears with my hands while my gaze widened. A flash of blue light and energy pushed my back onto the floor and I found myself in a fetal position, awaiting the worse. 

As quickly as it had started, the room went deathly quiet. "A party for me?" The all too familiar voice of a demon spoke. "How sweet, but didn't you say you didn't want me anymore?" 

F/n and I both sat up on the floor looking up at Frank. The mirrors were shattered on the floor. Stomping was heard on the stairs before F/n's door flew open. Ray in the doorway. 

"Well, spit it out, Y/n, what do you want now?" Frank had bitterness in his voice that I had never heard him use directed at me. I brought myself to my feet, and then helped F/n. 

"Alora was in my house last night, we want to trap her." I said firmly while Frank was trying to conceal some disappointment. "Please..." 

Ray stood between Frank and I in a protective manner. "Oh back off, Raymond." Frank huffed, "I couldn't hurt her if I tried. Immortal remember?" Ray's defensive look dropped slightly. 

"You can help Y/n or get the hell out of my house." Ray took a step towards the demon. I studied Frank's face as if it had been years since I last saw him. He made eye contact with me and almost softened. 

He jerked his eyes away, "Screw all of you." Frank disappeared quickly, and my heart sunk. Not only had Dallon gone missing during the seance but now Frank refused to help us. Now it was just a waiting game... If I could get past the next week until I wasn't as vulnerable then we wouldn't have to worry about Alora, right? 

"F/n can you help me cleanse my house?" 

"Are you okay...?" She responded weakly. I shrug while my eyes fought off big tears. 

---

Later that night my mom left for work, and I remembered to lock the door. I was afraid to sleep, so F/n and Ray offered to stay the night. F/n fell asleep around 11PM. That left Ray and I awake well into the night while (my favorite show) played in the background in the living room. I remember the nights I spent with Frank just like this. 

I noticed Ray beginning to doze off on the couch, once his eyes were completely closed I crept up to my room. I didn't feel like staying in the living room after I had my nightmare out there. I kept my room light on and simply pulled out my notebook, the notebook that Frank often wrote out small poems. 

My phone buzzed and the screen lit up. A text from 'incubus.' 

Incubus: Open the window. 

My head jerked up to the window but I saw nothing. If it was Frank he would just be in my room... 

Me: No, who is this? 

There was no response. 

My head began to spin with anxiety. Like a small child I covered myself in my blanket and hoped the monsters would respect this universal sign of protection. I don't think I got a blink of sleep, but around 3AM I heard a creak in my bedroom floor. My heart pounded so loud I was certain that whoever it was could hear me. 

"I'm glad you're alone." 

Goosebumps covered my entire body. 

I peaked from behind my blanket, "Frank?" 

"The one and only," He smirked and I couldn't help but smile. "It turns out I sorta have a soft spot for you, who knew?" I threw myself into his arms and held on tightly. 

"Frank.. I love you," I whispered. His arms wrapped around me firmly. 

I felt him nod, "I know... Which is why it makes this all the more difficult." I froze as his grasp began to get tighter and tighter. I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't get a breath to scream for my friends. My vision began to get darker until I had passed out. 

My body felt cold and squished but I didn't dare open my eyes. It felt like I had been out for hours. I tried to move my arms and legs but they seemed to be bound. My breathing was unsteady and quickening by the second. When I finally built up the courage to open my eyes, I was met with a dark room. My eyes wouldn't adjust to the pitch dark. 

How could I trust Frank again after all that has happened? My friends were right, and Ray was right. 

Finally I saw a small line of light that seemed to be the bottom of a doorway. I wriggled my body, trying to inch towards the exit. "Where do you think you're going?" Lights flashed on, almost blinding me. I saw Alora's familiar face above me, and before I could say a thing, her foot raised above me and stomped down on me. I saw black once again. 

When I woke up minutes later I was tied to a wooden chair in the same empty room. My face throbbed from Alora's foot. I looked up in front of me and saw Alora and none other than Frank standing beside her. 

"Frank...? You-" I stopped sounding defeated. 

He didn't respond. Alora took a step forward, "Let's get this over with before she's too far along for possession." I saw Frank nod his head lightly. 

Frank walked up to me and used a finger to lift my jaw to look up at him. "I really wish I was doing this under different circumstances." He placed a piece of duct tape over my mouth.