Chapter Twenty-Three - Double Cross (Literally)

FINAL CHAPTER!!!! (I am currently working on  and publishing other MCR-related stories if you're interested)

There is never enough body to fit all the hearts I wish to love with.

-Christopher Poindexter 

I always wondered what I would do if my mouth was duct-taped. I thought maybe if I licked it enough or moved my jaw enough it would come loose with ease. But it ripped at my skin and burned every time I moved. I tried to scream, but it was obvious that I was helpless. Being left alone in the dark gave me all the time I needed to doubt everyone around me, to doubt my reality. Maybe this was all a dream. Months worth of dreams. I had almost convinced myself until the door swung open. I flinched, scared that it would be over soon. 

Alora walked in and the room lit up completely with a rusty orange tint. "It's only a matter of minutes before the possession will begin... Your two demon friends are helping. They know I'm an unstoppable force on Earth, and the only wise decision was to side with me. So, nothing personal." She smirked as she walked closer. She squeezed my face with her pointy nails, causing me to wince. "Though it must be personal since you're in love with him." 

Shortly after she spoke, Frank and Dallon walked in seemingly focused on the task at hand. Much like F/n's seance, they carried mirrors, but not just two, at least a dozen large mirrors were circling Alora and I. I begin to twist my wrists, trying to undo the knots. They seemed to be loosening up, or maybe it was just getting slippery from the blood. 

Blood. 

If I draw enough blood I should be able to slip out of the ropes, hopefully without breaking my thumbs. Without moving too much I tried to speed up the wriggling of my wrists, and the pain poured down my arms as open wounds formed. I could almost hear the dripping of blood on the floor beneath me. I winced and tried not to faint at the thought of how much blood I was losing right now. 

Alora sniffed the air before snapping her head at me. She began to come at me at a quickened pace. My heart began to pound, and my wrists burned and throbbed. I pulled as hard as I could and my hands slipped. As I tried to stand up, the rope binding my ankles tripped me to the floor. Alora stood above me in the middle of the circle of mirrors. I stared up at her face which seemed to be sunken in and rotting. She opened her mouth wide and I squeezed my eyes tight, expecting something awful to happen. 

"DO IT NOW." I heard someone yell. 

F/n and Ray appeared in the circle of mirrors, each of them holding large crucifixes. The mirrors reflected them towards Alora who let out a deafening scream. Her body began to illuminate the same rusty orange color, and it expanded outward like how you'd picture a star turning into a black hole. My skin felt like fire, and my ears felt like they were bleeding. I saw F/n and Ray saying something, but I couldn't make it out over the tortured screams coming from Alora. 

Then it was deathly quiet. Alora was no where to be seen. 

And I laid there crying, thrashing at my feet feeling trapped. 

"Y/N!" Ray ran over to me and quickly cut off the rope around my ankles. "Are you okay?" 

"How... How did you guys know I was here?" My voice was shaky and I sat up, beginning to wrap my wrists in my shirt. 

Two familiar demons crept into the room. "I told you I have a soft spot for you." Frank. 

I looked at Ray who just nodded and moved away from me as Frank kneeled beside me. He grabbed ahold of my wrists and it hurt at first but when I looked down there was no sight of blood. I looked breathlessly back up at Frank, a smile breaking out of the absolute terror I felt. 

"I love you, Y/n," He breathed, as if he wasn't sure that's what I wanted to hear. "I'm so sorry, I promise I never wanted to put you in danger, but it's the only way I thought I could get rid of her." He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up to my feet. We all walked towards the exit of the building. 

-----

After chaos there is still love.