Chapter Five - The 3rd of the 7 Deadly Sins

What a breathtaking explosion of light it will be the night all the stars fall madly in love with each other. - Christopher Poindexter

At lunch, F/n and the three boys sat all around me. "Okay, Y/n, you've gotta spill. You've been acting weird ever since..." My paranoia got the best of me, and it felt like F/n had pieced it all together. But how would she? It's unbelievable.

"Since what, F/n?" Ray asked, curiously. I shot F/n a look, but she made it clear she wasn't going to say anything about the spirit board.

Ray would probably lose his shit. He didn't like that his little sister was into all that stuff.

She shrugged, and turned the attention back to me. "Who is he?"

"His name is Frank Iero, he's just visiting from Maryland. We've been talking for awhile I guess," I shoved a forkful of food in my mouth to silence the questions for at least a moment so I could think.

Frank wasn't dangerous but he was getting me in annoying situations.

Gerard laughed, "Frank Iero? Sounds lameeeee.... No offense, since you're in love with him." I narrowed my eyes at him, throwing my plastic fork in his direction. "Hey! I'm just telling the truth."

Ray was especially quiet, and picking at his food. Mikey noticed and brought it up, "Yo, what's wrong with you?"

"What?" He looked up. "Oh, nothing. What's wrong with you?" Everyone gave each other an awkward glance before changing the subject.

We were talking about meeting at the skatepark later tonight. Gerard is the one who wanted me to bring Frank. "To see if he's fit for our Y/n." As he said.

I gave in, they wouldn't stop pestering me if I had said no. I hoped that Frank was a better liar than I was. You'd think he would be.

During last period, I pulled out my phone and I had a wall of text messages from the demon.

Me: The fuck Frank. I have schoolll I told you

Incubus: Yeah I know but I have boredom
Incubus: I'm not saying I eavesdropped on you today because that would be wrong but I totally did
Incubus: you're such a bad liar lol your friends are idiots

Me: I know they are
Me: wait wtf why were you eavesdropping

Incubus: idk I don't trust that guy you were walking with
Incubus: I could have walked you to school if it was such a big deal

Me: it wasn't, he just came to walk

Incubus: whatever, are you coming back yet. We have to go to the skatepark

Me: you're irritating y'know

Incubus: Yeah <3

I looked up from my phone, and F/n smiled at me with a knowing look. Once the bell rang, I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the building.

"Hey, Y/n!"

I dropped my head, disappointed I didn't make it in time to escape my friends. Don't get me wrong, I love them so much, and we have a lot of fun, but this Frank thing was really getting under my skin and I didn't know how to fix it.

"Did you want a walking buddy?" I was surprised to only find Ray standing there. As if on cue, Frank walked over to us, appearing from nowhere. I hoped I was the only one who noticed that due to the circumstances. "Oh, hi."

Frank smiled at Ray, "Don't worry, pal. I'll take it from here." His arm wrapped around me, forcing goosebumps to raise on my skin.

"Oh, okay. See you tonight, Y/n. You too, Frank." He left in a hurry, seeming to not wanna be around Frank any longer.

I looked up to him, earning a kiss on the nose. I squinted my eyes, wrinkling my nose. "You didn't have to do that," I commented, noticing that there was no one around.

He let go of me as we walked back to my house. "Did you not like it?" I didn't know how to reply, so I changed the subject.

"Why is Ray so scared of you?" It just didn't make sense. He seemed to want to leave even in the presence of Frank.

Frank laughed to himself, as if it was an inside joke, except he was the only one inside. "He's scared of me, but not that much, I just had to amplify that emotion. It's easy, if you're a demon." I rolled my eyes and Frank elbowed me gently. "I'll stop if it bothers you that much. I just don't like the way he looks at you."

"How does he look at me?" I raised an eyebrow. I feel like if it was too unusual, F/n would bring it up. At least, I didn't notice anything.

"Humans are pretty oblivious naturally, so I don't blame you. But let me give you a hint, it's the third of the seven deadly sins," he held three up with his fingers, making me laugh. Although that told me nothing, it's not like I took time out of my life to memorize them. "Lust," he smirked.

"Ew," I deadpanned. "Please, don't bring any of that up when we hang out with my friends." We walked up to my door, and I realized my mom would still be home. "Meet me upstairs." He nods, doing his typical disappearing act. I gave a small smile, shaking my head.

I let myself in the house, and I walked into the kitchen, figuring my mom would be at the table, and she was. The kitchen table was very versatile, for dinner and then for my mom's paperwork. "Hey, mom."

"Hey, sweetie, how was school?" We went through the daily motions, and I asked her if I could go to the skatepark with my friends. "Yeah, just be home before curfew." Though, she wouldn't know if I wasn't home by curfew.

"Thank you, I will!" I walk upstairs and the demon is outside the window, standing on the fire escape. "Hey, my little incubus," I joke, poking my head out the window.

He rolled his eyes, facing me, "Whatever, nerd." I smiled, sitting in the windowsill. "When are we going?"

I shrug, "Probably here in a second." He sat on the windowsill beside me, his legs hanging outside the window.

"I was so bored today," he sighed. "I might have to go back to Hell soon, I think I'll be able to come back easier this time." Hearing him say this was so strange. Going back to Hell?

"Are you sure?" I looked up at him concerned. If he couldn't come back, what would happen? I guess that would just be goodbye.

Frank smiled, "Aww, are you worried about me?" It was silent, besides the traffic. "Don't be. I'm a bad man, Y/n. There's a reason I went to Hell, and I have no excuses for any of it." He just stared at his hands resting on his lap. He had never talked like this before.

He had never been terrible to me, and I did consider him a friend. No matter what he had done to deserve eternal punishment. I rested my hand on top of his, and his lip quirked up lightly. "Don't feel bad for me, babe. Besides, I'm a hundred percent sure it'll be easier this time. I'm stronger from all the energy in this world."

I nod, "Okay, good. I'm gonna sound cliché but we're friends now, and friends don't judge each other and I'm willing to listen to you whenever you want to talk."

He laughed, "You're right, you did sound cliché." I laughed with him, lightly punching his arm.

"Let's get going now, they're probably waiting for us," I climbed back inside the house, and he said he'd meet me by the sidewalk. I nod while closing and locking the window.