Chapter Nine - Terrible, Awful Things

I'll throw my voice into the stars and maybe the echo of my words will be written in the clouds by sunrise. All I am trying to say is, I will love you through the darkness. - Christopher Poindexter

"You didn't tell him?" Gerard raised an eyebrow. "If there was a literal demon in my house, I'd tell all my friends." I really wished he hadn't said that.

I offered Frank a smile, and he leaned against the table holding the television. His expression dropped completely, he wasn't happy about this at all. F/n told him all about the spirit board and literally everything leading up to this point. He nodded along.

"So, you think demons can, like, control the weather, electronics, and natural disasters?" Frank raised an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah, if they're powerful enough, I suppose." F/n dismissed his comment, and turned back to the table. "Actually, it's weird. The atmosphere shifted a little." She was right, it was more dense, and overwhelming. I assume because Frank was upset. The television turned to static and the lights flickered. It even took me by surprise, but I just stared at Frank.

F/n screamed. Gerard was just staring wide eyed. "Okay, what the actual fuck?" Ray had his eyes on Frank. He stood up, grabbing F/n's arm.

"We're leaving, come on." I was surprised at the way Ray's mood had changed. F/n nodded, throwing her shit in her bag.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I can't argue with him." I understood, and they left. The rest of us just stood there. The lights were back to normal, and the television was back to playing the same old cartoon.

Mikey kinda chuckled, making light of the situation. "Maybe it just really doesn't like Ray and F/n." I think he was more right than he thought. I glanced over at Frank who just stared back.

"You guys should probably get going, I'll see you tomorrow." They nod and give me a hug goodbye.

"Remember the three rules, Y/n!" Gerard saluted in a joking manner. "But seriously, don't die." I shut the door. We both wandered up to my room.

I turned around facing the demon, his eyebrows were furrowed. "Frank, I'm sorry. F/n was just asking and you know I'm a terrible liar, and she wanted to come over to check the place out, and then Ray, Mikey, and Gee wanted to come and I thought we were just going to watch a movie not talk about--"

"What are you talking about?" Frank raised an eyebrow. "You think I'm pissed off because some seventeen year old wanted to see something supernatural?"

I took a step closer to him, "Is that not why you're upset?" He looked down, his eyes more sad than angry now.

"Gerard leaning against you," He rolled his eyes to himself. "You guys are just friends, I know that. It's just, I want you to myself. I shouldn't, don't worry, I know I shouldn't."

His words made me feel weak. I wrapped my arms around him. "Did you have to scare the living shit out of my friends, though?"

"Yeah, that was the best part," Frank smirked. He stepped closer to me, forcing me backwards onto my bed. He straddled me, leaning down to kiss me. "Is this alright?" I nod but he waits for me to speak out loud.

"Yes, this is fine," I close the distance between us. I just wanted him to be as close to me as possible. He kissed me hungrily, as if this kiss was all he wanted and more. I couldn't get enough. His fingers traveled up my neck, resting on my jaw, pulling me closer.

My stomach was tying itself in knots, and I was taken by surprise when he bit down on my lip. My mouth parted, and his tongue slid across my bottom lip. My breath hitched, and he pulled away, spit hanging from his lip.

"Are you okay?" Frank's voice was so soft, and concerned. "If you're not comfortable, we don't have to do anything like that." It's not that I was uncomfortable, I was just scared. I've never been kissed like this before. What if I was making a fool out of myself? I didn't know how to react to any of his advances.

I nod, and he moves, sitting beside me on my bed. "We can watch TV, if you want." He agrees, and we walk back downstairs where the television is still playing. We turned it on (favorite show) and I leaned against Frank.

"Hey," he whispered to me out of nowhere. I turn my attention to him, and he smirks. I just know he's going to say something dumb. "Did you like it, though?"

My face warmed up, and I turned quickly back to the television. "Yeah," I muttered, knowing if I didn't give any answer, he'd keep pestering me.

His arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his chest. "Aww, you like me, huh? That's so cute." I did. It wasn't a terrible feeling, but sometimes it made me feel terrible. He wasn't even human. He wasn't alive. I didn't even know how long he would be here. "Wait, don't look so sad. I'm sorry. I was just messing around."

I rested my head on his chest, not wanting him to look at me. I didn't even know how to voice how I felt. He's just going to leave, he can't stay here forever can he? I was an idiot.

"You don't have to be scared. I'm not leaving, unless you want me to." I smiled, it was funny he had said the same thing the first night he escaped the board. Besides it had been about hurting me. Though it was nearly a week, it felt much longer. "Hey. . . Can you hear me out for a second? I know this is all strange and new to you, and this week has probably been really weirdddd." I laughed, and he continued talking. "I just- Y/n, you're a good person. I was alive once, like you. I wasn't a good person, and I died so young. I did terrible, awful things you wouldn't imagine doing to anyone, even your worst enemy. If I had known there were such good people, and if I had known you would ever cross paths with me. . ." Frank trailed off. I lifted my head to look at him. "That didn't happen though, and I met you now. That's all that matters."

My hand rested behind his head, and I pulled him closer to me, pressing my lips against his. He took control of the kiss, and I followed his lead. I could almost feel the Earth rumble around us.

That is until I realized that the Earth was rumbling around us. I broke away in shock, and immediately the rumbling stopped. "What the fuck?"

I looked over at Frank, and he smiled, "Your friend knows what she's talking about when it comes to demons." I remembered her saying that they could control natural disasters. "I'm surprised she doesn't recognize one when she sees one. There's plenty of them in your own school, y'know? Not even just demons, a lot of the kids you pass by everyday are ghosts."

"Shut up, that's disgusting. I mean, not disgusting but you know," I face palmed, getting irritated with myself. "This is fucking crazy and I'm too tired to think. You're lucky, you don't even need sleep to function." He didn't reply, he just nodded and laid his head on my shoulder.

My eyes fell closed, and consciousness slipped away from me. After feeling like I had been asleep for far too long, I jolted awake. I was scared my mom would come home and see us. But it was 6am, and I was in my bed. I looked to my left and saw the demon curled up in my blankets.

I still had two hours to sleep, and I wasn't going to waste it. I laid back down after double checking my alarm was on. My arm rested on Frank's side before I fell back asleep.