An All Free Pass To Dance

DURING PRACTICE

" And done.", Tony's voice echoed in the room as all the dancers fell to the floor with a thud.

My mouth hung open as I saw the whole routine.  They were so perfect and in sync but Tony still didn't seem to be satisfied with the performance. I was asked to watch the whole routine before I join them but this routine didn't look like something you can learn by just watching it once. I looked around and the whole crew looked exhausted. I saw a pack of water bottles beside me. I opened them up and took them to the dancers who lay there trying to catch their breath. That was the least I could do.
They seemed to be shocked at first but eventually took the water bottle and smiled at me with gratitude.

" Okay, guys. It isn't perfect. One more round.", said Tony which turned some heads.

" I don't hear anything. Does anyone have a problem?", He asked with a horrifying tone and the whole dance crew went stiff.

" No sir.", they said in unison and stood up.

All the exhaustion vanished off of their face as if they covered it up with a mask. Tony wasn't kidding when he said he is harsh. These people seemed to be terrified by him.

" Korie. You saw the routine right? Join them for the second round.", Tony said looking into some papers at his table.

" But I didn't -", I was going to say when someone caught my hand to stop me.

She was one of the crew members. She shook her head alarmingly at me.

" Just say okay.", she whispered to me.

" Korie?", he called me out raising his head.

" Yeah? Yeah. I will join them.", I said.

My legs were trembling. I only saw it once. How can I catch up so soon?
I smiled timidly at the girl from before and stood in the empty slot behind her. She turned to me and smiled.

" Tiana.", she said smiling at me.

" Korie.", I said trying to smile back at her but I was way too nervous for that.

" I heard. It's a unique name. Are you from around?", she asked me but I was too in my own thoughts for answering.

My whole body started trembling out of fear. I don't know why but something didn't feel right. It felt like something bad was going to happen.

" Hey, Korie. Calm down. It's okay. You can do it. Even if you can't, it's okay. We will help you catch up with us. I know Tony is strict but that is what drives us to be perfect. Don't be scared. ", she said holding my hands. I nodded at her feeling a little better but I could not stop trembling.

" Okay. 1, 2, 3 go", said Tony, and "Danger" by BTS started playing through the speakers.

Everyone started dancing while I looked around frantically for some help. I tried following them but failed miserably. They danced oh so perfectly while I just kept messing up my footing. As the song came to an end I just gave up and slid into a corner. I put my head between my knees and shut my eyes close hoping to disappear into thin air.