Tony!?

AT THE FUNERAL

It's hard to say goodbye, especially when it's forever.

Why?

Cause you know well that once they are gone, they leave behind a void in your life. A void that can never be filled no matter what. The fact that you would never be able to listen to their voice, hear them laugh, see their smile, feel their touch or make memories with them wrecks you beyond repair. Just the thought of it hurts so much that you'd want to rip that aching heart off of your chest.

Tears stung my eyes once again as I stood there dressed in all black staring at Tony who was smiling brightly through the frame contrary to every single person in the room.

People came in and paid their respects while Bang PD who lead the funeral stood host greeting the guests. Dany and Joen stood beside him all listless. They were really grateful that Bang PD took care of everything from bringing Tony home to the ritual to the funeral. He stood by his word like family. He was more than just a legal guardian. Far more than that. If it weren't for him Dany and Joen would have been completely clueless as to what to do while being broken all along.

As my eyes swept through the room, they met Bang PD's and he gestured for me to come over. I walked in small strides towards them and as I got closer to them, Jeon and Dany subtly entwining their hands caught my eye. Jeon's palm wrapped around Dany's palm so tight that his knuckles had turned white. All this to stop himself from breaking down which he has been doing a lot since we saw Tony lie still on the hospital bed. He has been breaking down every time Tony's memory flickered through his mind. But today he was doing a good job holding it in because of Dany who was standing strong for Jeon and everyone else though he was as heartbroken as us. Even more.

That's the hardest thing to do when you lose a loved one. Standing tall and strong for others while your heart crumbles into pieces. The pain is so excruciating that you fail to hold the pieces together. You want to rely on someone but everyone around you is in pain. You feel alone among all those broken hearts and so you end up enduring it all by yourself and putting on a brave face for everyone else while on the inside you just feel empty and alone.

" Korie? You okay?", a familiar voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

" Yeah. I am sorry.", I apologized to a concerned Bang PD who just nodded at me and turned around so that he was facing all three of us now.

" Look kids, I know it's hard but it's time you guys pay your respects to Tony.", he said and the three of us exchanged glances.

This was the third time he had urged us to do so but none of us was ready to face Tony. None of us was strong enough to not break down the moment we saw his face up close. None of us was ready to let go of him yet.

The buzz from the corridor drowned in the background while the three of us bore holes into our feet, yet again trying to come up with an excuse to put it off. Suddenly I felt warmth seeping through my palm and soon a set of fingers intertwined with mine. I turned my head only to come face to face with those calming familiar eyes, paired up perfectly with his dimple smile.

RM was a major part of the rope that has been desperately trying to hold my heart together since the day I fell apart while sobbing in his arms. He along with everyone else had been trying hard to make me feel better. They all tried to keep me busy but nothing worked cause as I said, nothing can fill the void left behind by your loved ones.

" Let's all go together.", came Hobi's voice and I realised he had held onto my other hand. Dany, Jeon and I once again exchanged glances but this time all three of us felt a little stronger than before .

As we walked towards Tony, I thought my feet would freeze once again but I guess it was the support system that was leading us that I had enough will stirring inside me to move. One after the other everyone started paying their respects to him starting with Dany and Jeon. As soon as they stepped in front of Tony, the two broke down. Jin and Suga went on to hold them while they drowned in their own tears.