A Promise Well kept

IN THE RECREATION ROOM

For someone who tends to avoid confrontation out of fear of being hurt or hurting someone else's feelings, taking the initiative to talk things out was a big deal for me. I was proud of myself for being so brave.

" So, do you want to talk about the kiss?", I asked RM leaving him all flabbergasted.

" Uhhh...", He seemed to be at a loss of words.

Maybe I shouldn't have led with that. I should have been a little more subtle.

" Namjoona, I don't-", I had a whole speech ready but just then the door to the recreation room burst open, and in came Mr.Manager. He walked in so casually as if we weren't in a serious conversation here.

" Hey. You guys in the middle of something?", he asked raising an eyebrow.

I wanted to shout 'Yes' and shove Mr.Manager out of the room but one look at him made me quiver.

Brave? My foot.

All it took was an eyebrow raise from Mr.Manager to tuck my voice back into my throat. I wouldn't call that brave.

" I will take your silence as a no. I will borrow RM then, I need to talk to him.", Mr.Manager said and even before I could react, he grabbed RM's wrist and dragged him out of the room in a whiff.

I stood there looking at the door shut behind them while contemplating what had just happened.

Frustrated, I plumped down onto the couch, threw my head back, and shut my eyes.

Suddenly I heard the door squeak open again raising some hope that RM came back finally ready to resolve things between us.

" Namjoona...", I looked at the door expectantly but it turned out to be Tiana.

Normally I'd be super excited to see her but the way Tiana was looking at made me want to run away and never look back.

The attacking stance, the heavy breathing, the frown on her face, the flaring red tone of her skin, everything screamed that she was about to kill someone.

And something said that someone was me.

" YOU....! YOU AND I NEED TO TALK!", She shouted as she slowly advanced at me. I gulped in fear and clutched onto the couch pillow for dear life.

" Look. I can explain Unnie.", I said putting my arm up in defense. My muscles were tense and I was stiff as a rock.

" How can you possibly explain the fact that you were about to leave forever without as much as a word.", she sneered through her teeth. A cold shiver ran down my spine out of fear.

" It just happened so fast...", I tried to explain when she suddenly threw her arms around me and held me in a tight hug.

" And then we weren't allowed to meet you until now. I was so worried. I would have never forgiven you if you had left without a goodbye.", she said and just like that all the tension was gone. My heart felt heavy. I felt a little guilty that I hurt so many people for no reason.

What was I even thinking, trying to do back home when I had so much love right here?

" I am sorry. I promise it won't happen again.", I reassured her.

" Sorry won't do. Buy me lunch. Buy us all lunch.", she said

" Who's Us?", I asked her only to later find myself sitting in Rose's cafe along with the entire frontline crew and Hwan Jae.

" I still cannot believe it. How can you do it to me, Korie? I am just so mad at you right now? Serves me right to come to your aid when you needed me the most.", Rosie wouldn't stop telling me off even after giving me a well-deserved rap on the knuckles. Not just her, everyone at the table had their share of berating me. But they all were nothing compared to Rose's wrath.