chapter five

the day after midsummer's I woke up along sarah, which wasn't anything unusual. sarah and I stayed up all night talking about my summer with rafe, I literally cried myself to sleep in her arms.

I never wanted to give rafe the satisfaction that I liked him, let alone that his plan to hurt me worked.

after sarah woke as well we spent the whole day watching movies in her lounge room, we never really had time to sit and watch movies since we were always hanging around with the pogues or topper.

we had a hunger games marathon, sarah had always been in love with peta while I was in love with katniss. 

after we finished watching the movie I looked over to sarah who was fast asleep on the floor. I crept out of the lounge room slowly and quietly I walked into the kitchen only to be met with rafe.

as I walked into the kitchen straight to the cupboard I completely ignored the dirty blonde who was clearly staring at me. 

"are you okay" he asked concerned, without looking back at him I simply nodded my head and started making a bowl of cereal.

as I was pouring milk into the bowl I heard footsteps coming towards me, I felt a hand on my waist as another stopped me from pouring the milk.

"bails, your eyes are red and puffy" he said as he turned me around using his hand, I avoided eye contact as he did so. he tilted my head up with his fingers and looked me in the eyes, oh how I missed his blue eyes.

"tell me" he said as he looked at me with even more concern, I shook my head as tears started rolling down my face. next thing I knew he pulled me in close and held me by my waist, he rested his head on mine as I sobbed into his chest.

we stood there for a few minutes, I missed being in his arms, I felt safe. 

"hey bails did you wanna come to a pa-" sarah said as she walked into the kitchen as rafe and I were still wrapped in one another arms.

"oh" she said again once she realised what we were doing, rafe and I quickly pushed away from one another and avoided eye contact.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to come to toppers party with me tonight?"

I nodded my head as I started eating the cereal I was preparing earlier. 

"alright cool so it starts in about two hours, meet me back here around 6?" she asked again as she reached into the fridge grabbing a drink. 

as I made my way home I couldn't stop myself from thinking about rafe and the moment we had earlier. something changed in him, he was being somewhat nice to me and I needed to know why.

I walked in my empty provincial home, I walked upstairs and began getting ready. I jumped into the shower and starting cleaning myself, I sat down on the floor of the shower and shaved my legs.

once I finished in the shower I started looking for the perfect outfit, it took me about 20 minutes before I found the perfect dress, I picked out a short skin tight red silk dress with a slit then went half way up my thigh along with a pair of black chunky lace up heels.

I had no idea what to do with my hair, so I decided to blow dry it and lightly curl it so it would stand out. I never really wore makeup unless I was in the mood for it today and today certainly wasn't the day, I applied some pink lip gloss and light highlighter on my cheeks.

once I finished getting ready I made my way back to sarah's, as I drove down her long driveway I noticed rafe's bike was gone so I assumed he has left for the party already.

I texted sarah letting her know I was outside waiting for her, after a couple minute sarah walked out of her house drinks in hand. 

she chucked her drinks in the back and made her way to the front of the car, she opened the door and stopped and started at me "bailey you look hot".

we soon arrived at toppers, it was only down to road from sarah so thankfully we didn't have to drive far later. we got there just after 6 and it was already packed with cars, as we made our way into the house there were people everywhere. 

we had to push ourselves through others just to get through to the kitchen. we were greeted by topper and kelce as we entered the kitchen, sarah put her drinks in the fridge as I sat on the kitchen bench.

"shots?" kelce asked as he pulled out his bottle of tequila, I immediately nodded my head in response. kelce set up four shot glasses on the table and filled them each up with the liquor.

it didn't take me long before I downed the drink, everyone scrunched their noses as they downed them. 

after doing about 5 shots each I stood up from the chair and turned to sarah "wanna dance?" she nodded in response. 

as we made our way through to the living room we bumped into a girl, "do you mind?" she asked with a dirty look. I scoffed at her remark and kept walking to the room, sarah and I made our way to the middle of the room. 

we stayed there mainly the whole night, occasionally walking off to get new drinks, I was feeling the alcohol a lot more then sarah.

"hey I'm going to grab another drink" I turned to sarah as I began walking to the kitchen. 

as I made my way to the kitchen I poured myself a couple shots of tequila again, I felt a tap on my shoulder. it was the girl from before "excuse me" she said snatching the bottle from my hand, I scoffed "excuse me" I said snatching it back from her.

she scoffed and looked to rafe who was standing beside her, "your such a slut" she snarked before walking off. I scoffed and looked at rafe "she's a real treat". 

he glared at me "your own fault" he said rudely causing me to laugh, "how?" I asked as I crossed my arms. 

"your the one who came in here dressed like a slut and acting privileged" he commented as he looked me up and down, all I could do was laugh " excuse me, I'm here trying to have a good time, she's the one barging in here expecting everything from everyone" I yelled.

I saw rafe clench his jaw and ball his hands into fists, "bailey fuck off back to the mainland, we never wanted you back so just leave! no one of us like you, you're just some privileged bitch who relies on mommy and daddies money. OH RIGHT WHAT MOMMY AND DADDY? THE ONE'S WHO HATE YOU?" he screamed in my face.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out, I was shocked. "yeah that's what I thought" he said as he walked off angrily. "bailey are you oka-" sarah asked as she walked into the room, but before she could finish her sentence I walked out. 

I stormed out of the house and made my way to my car, sarah interrupted me. 

"what?" I asked her as she spun me around, "I'm really sorry" she said pulling me into her hug. everyone knew the subject of my parents was touchy, especially the cameron's. I hadn't seen my parents in three months, I barely ever saw them. 

on my birthday two years ago I woke up to an empty house, my parents forgot to enlighten me that they weren't going to be there for my birthday, so I turned up to the cameron's absolutely heartbroken.

"I'm going home" I said to her as I started my car up, she hopped in also "can you take me home? I dont wanna be here if your not" she asked, I nodded in approval.

the ride home was silent, I dropped s off to her house and sped out of her driveway knowing that rafe was home.

as I pulled into my driveway I noticed an unfamiliar bike by the front door. as I put my car in park I opened my door and walked towards the front door.

I started unlocking the door when I heard footsteps behind me "hello ms parker", I looked to see who was behind me. barry...