chapter fourteen

after I got changed I joined the group down at the jetty, ward had let us use the boat today since he didn't need it.

"heyy guys..." I said confused when I noticed there were 4 extra people on the boat, it was the pogues.

"damn bails" I heard jj say from the around the corner "sorry, I just didn't know you were joining us".

topper was at the front of the boat, navigating us into the ocean, while the pogues and rafe were sitting on the stern. I excused myself from the group, and sat on the bow of the boat with a blunt jj had given me.

I had almost finished my joint, staring into water when I heard footsteps behind me.

I looked up to see a particular dirty blonde "hey bails " he said taking a seat beside me. we sat in silence, enjoying one another presence as we stared into the water.

"were you actually going to confess your feelings for me that night?" he asked as he looked to me, yeah  I mouthed as I leaned into his side.

he held me by the waist as I laid my head into his chest "but when I found out you and becca were dating my heart shattered"

"bailey" he whispered, causing me to sit up straight and look into the boys eyes. "I am really really sorry for what happened last summer".

I looked up to the boy with sadness in my eye, "rafe I'm over it now, yes what happened really hurt me but it's over now".

he looked down, a tearing falling from his eyes "ba-bailey". I nodded as I wiped his eye free from tears and leaning back into his side.

"do you think we could try again?" he asked, my heart instantly flew out of my chest, butterflies in my stomach. I had been wanting this fro the past year, I wanted nothing but to have him back.

"I would love too" I stated as I pulled the boy in closer and connected our lips. the kiss was different, knowing he was mine again really changed the tension between us.

the kiss was raw, our soft lips pressing against another, our tongues dancing with each other, this kiss was perfect.

our lips separated as we heard footsteps from behind us "did I just walk in on something?" sarah asked as she stood there in shock.

the two of us looked to the girl, then to each other and back to her, causing her to shriek "omg omg are you back together?!".

I put my index finger over my mouth, implying for the girl to be quiet. she hushed down and ran towards rafe and I, pulling us into her embrace "okay now come and join us we're going in the water".

the two of us hopped up and joined the group at the back of the boat, the dirty blonde took the empty seat beside topper. I looked around the boat to see no other empty seats, so I walked up to rafe and sat on his lap.

the eyes of everyone focused on rafe and I, I looked up to them as I took a sip from the drink on the table.

I sent them the middle finger causing the dirty blonde to chuckle, sarah walked up to me reaching her hand out to mine.

I grabbed her hand and stood up from my position, taking the t shirt I had on off as well as my pants.

the blonde and I looked to each other with a grin, holding hands as we stood at the edge of the boat.

on 3 we jumped into the water together, splashing the group as we did so.

after we jumped in so did the others, everyone was in the water a few minutes later. splashing each other and playing on each others shoulders.

as I floated there in the water I felt two hands on my waist, I gasped as his cold hands touched my wet body.

he rested his head on the bed of my neck with his hands on my waist. we floated there, bodies touching as the rest of them fucked around in the water.

after a few hours of swimming and playing in the water, we all got out of the freezing water.

"we have to take the boat back soon" sarah said as she brought the liquor out, everyone rushed towards the liquor.

we sat around in the chair, laughing, reminiscing and talking about anything and everything.

"let's get this boat back before dad kills us" rafe stated as I laid on his lap.

we dropped the pogues off to john b's before dropping topper off also.

"staying at ours tonight bails?" sarah asked as rafe drove the boat away from topper's, I shook my head "not tonight, my brothers coming home tomorrow after noon so I have to clean up"

"liam's coming back?!" rafe yelled as he steered the boat, "yes rafe" I laughed as he nearly crashed into my neighbours jetty.

as the two dropped off to my house I walked in and noticed the state it was in, clothes every where, alcohol over the house and papers all over the bench.

"tomorrows problem" I groaned as I went upstairs to my room, changing out of my wet clothes and into an oversized shirt.