chapter six

"what do you want barry?" I said continuing to open my door, but before I could finish unlocking it I felt a hand on my hand and waist. 

barry spun me around and towered over me, "you tell your little friend rafe he owes me". he pushed me to the ground and placed his hand around my throat, I gasped and tugged his shirt trying to pull him off me.

he then took his hand off my throat causing me to cough then put it on my mouth, he put his other on my thigh and moved his hand slowly up my leg. 

before I knew it he was sliding my underwear off me, he kept his hand on my mouth making sure I wasn't screaming for help. everything after that was a blur.

when I heard him speed off his bike, I tried my best to get up from the ground but couldn't. I laid there for a while before I decided I needed to get up and get help, the only place I felt safe was at the cameron's and that exactly where I started walking. 

I definitely could not drive right now, as I walked down the road I recounted the moments that occurred just before, I burst into tears as I entered her driveway.

I knocked on the door of the house, hopping someone was awake. I knocked louder hoping to get someone's attention, I saw the upstairs light turn on and saw sarah walking down the stairs rubbing her eyes.

"hey bails whats u-" she said as she noticed the mess I was in, "what the fuck?!!" she yelled, she pulled me into her house and walked me into her living room.

I sobbed into her chest as we sat on the couch, all of a sudden the light to the room turned and revealed rafe. "sarah what the fuck is goin-" rafe looked to me in shock, he looked to sarah then back to me.

"what the fuck happened?" he asked as he entered the room slowly, I looked to sarah who nodded her head. I informed the two about what happened when barry got to my house, they looked to me in shock.

sarah didn't say anything, she just looked to me in shock. while rafe on the other looked furious, his jaw was clenched and his hands were in fists.

that night I saw I side to rafe I had never seen before, he was gentle, kind, and surprisingly there for me. he sat on the couch beside me and rubbed my back as I sulked in sarah's arms.

                                                                  »»————-  ————-««

as I woke up later on in the morning I felt two arms wrapped around me, one under my neck and the other on my waist.

I flipped onto my back when I realised it was rafe who was laying beside me, I removed his arm from my waist and moved slowly and quickly from the floor. 

when I walked into the kitchen I noticed sarah staring at me with a smirk, she took a sip of her coffee as I made my way to the coffee machine. 

she giggled as I walked past her "what?" I asked her as I continued to the coffee machine. 

she turned and faced towards me with a smirk "you looked comfy when I walked down the stairs this morning". I rolled my eyes at her and turned around to make a coffee "i dont even know what happened, the last thing I remember is him and I talking about god knows what then waking up to him this morning".

"he really cares about you, when you left last summer no one could have a conversation with him without him yelling, he may not want to admit it but he did love you, he still does" sarah as she put her arm across my shoulder.

I looked up to the girl confused with a furrowed brow "how would you know?", she looked over to me and smirked.

"have you seen the way he looks at you...I think" she came in closer to me, "he acts like he hates you just to hide the fact he loves you, you were the best thing to happen to him and he needs to realise that".

she moved away from me and put her cup into the dishwasher, 'did he really love me still?" is all I could seem to think. 

"good morning ladies" said a voice from behind me, I continued making my coffee when I heard footsteps getting closer to me. 

he kissed my forehead as he put his arm around my shoulder "how you feeling parker?" he asked as he reached over me and grabbed a cup ready for the coffee.

I looked up to him, not realising how close our faces were, I could feel his ocean eyes penetrating me and his warm breath heating up my face, I gulped.

"fine, best as can be" I sighed as I poured the coffee into my cup and walked away towards to chairs, sarah raised her eyebrows at me as I walked towards her 'shut up' I mouthed.