chapter eleven

I woke up the next day with a pounding head, it felt as it someone had thrown a brick at me. 

I struggled to remember the events of last night, luckily I sobered up towards the end of the night so I recalled the rafe situation. 

I slid out of the bed and threw myself into the shower, trying to sober myself up and wash the smell of alcohol off me. 

once I finished in the shower, I chucked the shirt rafe had given me and some shorts I had brought with me. 

I opened the door of the bedroom quietly trying not to wake the house up, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. 

I turned the coffee machine on and threw some pods in, I leant against the bench as I heard the sound of the front door closing. I looked up and made eye contact with him, I looked back down to the bench and played with my fingers. 

"what's wrong princess?" he asked walking into the kitchen, god why did he know me so well?

I shook my head and giggled "my head". I looked up to the boy who was now across from me, he was sitting on the chair and his arms were resting on the bench before him. 

"I remember" he giggled looking down at the bench, I looked up and moved over to the coffee machine which was now ready.

I poured myself a cup and looked over my shoulder to rafe, I figured his head was also hurting so I grabbed a cup from below me and poured him one too. 

I slid the cup over to him with a smile, he looked over to me and mouthed thank you. I took a sip of my coffee and looked over to rafe who was already glancing at me. 

"what" I asked

"your beautiful"

I smirked and took another sip, he did the same and stayed looking down at the kitchen bench. 

"how are you and becca?" I asked still looking down, and without realising playing with my fingers once again. he looked over to me with a puzzled face, he looked back down avoiding eye contact "uh yeah she's good".

I nodded my head in response and walked over to the sink and threw my cup in. "bails" he said catching my attention, I spun my body around the face him with my back leaning against the bench. 

"I am really sorry I said that stuff to you about your parents, you didn't deserve it"

I smiled to him and walked over to him, I placed my hand over his and looked up. 

"don't be, you were angry"

I looked to me sad "doesn't give me to the right to be a dick"

he opened his arms for me and asked me for a hug, in which I agreed to. I walked over to his side of the table and pulled his body into my embrace. 

the hug was tight, we both didn't want to let go, this was the first time in a while I was somewhat happy and felt safe. 

I pulled out of the hug and stared down to him, I stared into his beautiful ocean eyes and I was reminded of the exact moment I fell in love with him. 

I felt him glancing between my eyes and lips, I looked down to his and back to his eyes "if you want it you can have it princess".

I smirked and slowly pulled my face close to his, before our lips connected we heard the front door slam shut. 

we jumped and I pushed myself away from him, I moved to the other side of the kitchen trying to act as normal as possible.

"oh hey guys" sarah said entering the kitchen with topper, they stared at us and looked back to each other. 

"god we can practically smell the tension" topper stated as he planted himself on the chair beside rafe, rafe scoffed and exited the kitchen leaving myself, sarah and topper.

once we heard the door slam topper and sarah rushed over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "tell us everything" topper exclaimed, I giggled in response and pointed to the living room. 

after we sat down on the couch I ran my fingers through my hair and looked over to the two impatiently waiting. 

I told them everything that had happened last night and how he lent me his shirt and then our recent encounter this morning.

the two looked to me in shock, topper could barely keep a straight face while sarah looked to me with excitement. 

"girl he is so in love with you" sarah stated as she covered her mouth with excitement, topper agreed with her statement and couldn't contain himself.

I laughed "no he doesn't"

"bailey fucken parker, anyone in this damn town can tell you he loves you. by the way he talks to you, how he acts around you, how he talks about you and have you even noticed he only smiles around you"

I smirked as my cheeks turned red, but I felt my eyes filling up with tears. my eyes poured with tears as I looked down to the ground. 

"I love him, I know I shouldn't but I do"

topper walked over to me and sat on the seat beside me, but what I didn't realise is that rafe was standing at the open window at the front of the house listening to the whole thing.