chapter twenty-six

fast forward two weeks >>>

the last two weeks had been so hectic, rafe and I kept travelling to the new house and back home packing boxes and setting the new house up. at this point we only had a few heavy things left then we were all done.

today kie and sarah were coming over to hang out, since this was probably one of my last days here. the term started on monday and since it was already thursday I was already behind.

I was currently waiting for the girls as I heard the front door slam shut, and there ran in two girls. kie launched at me while sarah was stuck carrying all the things.

"a little help would be nice" sarah struggled as she shut the door behind her, hands full of things. kie and I rushed to the blonde and both took a few things to lighten the weight on her.

"okay so we've got champagne, snacks and these!!!' she said excitedly pointing out a few books she had in hand. they were chunky and had all sorts of decorations on the top, including a picture of us and the pogues.

"what are these?" I asked, flicking through the books as I sat down on the floor and leant against the bed. the girls poured us all drinks and looked to one another "we made it for you, it's like a keepsake of all our memories".

"well actually kie made it since she's the crafty and environment friendly one" sarah added o as she laughed.

a few tears fell from my eyes as I continued flicking through the book. we sat there the whole night flicking through the book and drinking, this itself was a memory I could never forget.

kie and sarah were way past tipsy at this stage, we ended up spending the night in the living room watching movies till 3 in the morning.

"hey can you carry this in?" rafe asked me as he passed me a box full of objects for the house, this was the last trip we were doing, the last of out things. once we finished we stood there in the kitchen in silence, holding each other admiring our new home.

"can we buy a dog?" I asked as I stared out the kitchen window which faced the ocean, this was my favourite view of the holiday house, ever since I was a kid.

"how about we get you settled into school first hey princess?" he kissed the top of my head lightly and crossed his arms over my chest.

we walked back outside to my brother and ward waiting for us in the cars, they both offered to help us bring the last load so we weren't here all day.

we made our way back home, rafe driving as I held his hand and stared out the window admiring the small town which was now our home. 

after the long drive and the ferryboat we finally made it back home around sunset. the house was quiet, my room was pretty much empty. 

this was the last night I was spending in my room, I packed the last of my things into the suitcase on my bed and left my essentials out for the morning. we ordered take away from the wreck and stayed in, we were already so wrecked and had a long drive ahead of us tomorrow.

the next day I woke up early and got ready straight away so I could pack the rest of the things away, rafe was at his house spending the last few hours with his family while I was doing so with my family.

I spent the first half of the morning with my brother and parents, we went out for breakfast and spent some quality together before I left.

the other I was with the pogues, I had just walked into the chateau to see them before I left within the hour. kie was working and sarah was with rafe so unfortunately I couldn't see them but that's what the other night was for.

I spent an hour with the boys fucking around and mainly just having this big cuddle on john b's hammock out on the deck.

I think I saw each of the shed at least a tear as I drove away from the small shack and back to the road. I waved my hand out the window and blew the each a kiss as I turned onto the road to figure 8.

I drove home to meet rafe, all the left over boxes in the back of my car while ward drove rafe's car there.

"i love you bails"

"i love you too liam, i'll try come home all the time"

"goodbye darling, drive safe and if you need your always welcome to come back home"

"thank mom, means a lot"

"bailey"

"yes dad?"

"i'm proud of you"

there it was, those four words.

"thank you"

rafe and I finally arrived to the house, ward had just left in a cab while we unpacked the last of our things.

we stood there in the room silence, looking at our bedroom, rafe was behind me as we stared through the room. I had finally achieved everything I wanted.

"bailey" said the boy behind me, I glanced one more time at the room before looking down to the boy. he was on one knee, with the most beautiful ring in hand.

"marry me"

and here I was, enrolled in college, moved into a new house far away from home and now engaged to the most amazing boy I had ever met. 

everything I had dreamed of was right in front of me, well almost everything.