chapter twenty-five

"so when are you leaving?" pope asked as he shuffled in his seat that was on the back porch of john b's house. I sniffled my nose as a few tears ran down my face in disappointment "in about two weeks".

after I had finished at the lunch with my family I rushed over to the chateau to tell my friends about the college thing. to say they were sad I was leaving was a disappointment, it hit jj the worst.

jj was the first person I really had a connected with, he was my best friend, always there for me when I needed and knowing I had to leave him in just a few short weeks was heartbreaking.

"how about we enjoy it while we can?" john b smirked as he looked out to the water, "pogues for life?" I said smiling. the group brought me into a tight hug as we yelled "pogues for life!!".

the boys were behind the girls and I as we walked down to the beach, the sky was setting, splashes of orange and pinks circling the sky.

we found a deserted spot on the beach far away from everyone with no interruptions, the boys got there drinks out while kie and I shared a blunt. pope was rapping some stupid song while the rest of us laughed along to it. 

sarah was snuggled up to john b's side while kie and pope shared a chair together, jj and I looked to each other and smirked before he walked over to me and sat right on my lap.

"fuck j"

"are you calling me fat parker?"

I snorted with laughter "maybe just a little" I pushed him off me causing him to land in the sand beside john b.

"so rafe's moving with you?" kie asked from popes side, the two were holding hands secretly, but no so much since we all saw it. I nodded my head and took another hit of the blunt. 

"I cant believe rafe cameron has a heart" pope laughed, making me punch him in the side of the arm. 

"no but seriously bails were proud of you, pursuing your dreams, finding someone who treats your right, for finally getting the fuck out of here" sarah smiled, snuggling deeper into her boyfriends side.

we sat there talking for a while, discussing about me coming back to visit and visa versa. I tried to contain my sadness, as much I was happy to be leaving to do everything I wanted, I never wanted to leave them. they were my family.

I sat up from my seat "i'll be back in a second" I smiled before walking over to the water and sitting just a few metres on front of it. 

I sat there staring into the water, playing with the sand in my hands. that was when a brunette figure took a seat beside me. we both sat there staring into the water for a few minutes until he finally spoke up.

"bailey"

I turned to my head to face him, nodding my head, implying I had heard him whisper my name.

"I am really proud of you"

those words brought a smile to my face, john b was the person I was closest to beside jj or sarah, when liam was away john b acted like a brother figure and I had a lot of love for him.

"yeah were all sad your leaving but were all so proud of you, we love you bails"

my smile faded as I rested my head on his shoulder and looked back to the water, "thanks jb".

before I got the chance to speak up again a certain blonde ran up to us and poured a whole bottle of beer on top of me. I gasped as it ran down my face and looked over to john b who shrugged his shoulders "your problem, he's your best friend".

I jumped up from the sand looking to the blonde who was only a few metres from me, I glared into his eyes with a slight smile.

"I'm going to fucking kill you" I screamed as I launched myself towards him and chased him down the beach.

"guys a little help" he screamed from down the beach as I continued chasing him down with sand in my hand.

I walked up to my room to find a very sleepy rafe in my bed, I was with the pogues until way past sunset. I reached down to the dirty blonde and kissed his cheek making him notice I was home.

he smiled subtly before turning over to his side and opening his eyes "coming to bed?".

"'I'm going to have a shower first but I will be back in a second okay?".

he nodded his head slowly before shutting eyes slowly and deepened himself into the blankets, I strolled into the bathroom and adjusted the temperature of the water as I slid my clothing off. 

I washed my body down with soap, all the salt disappearing from my pores and hair, the smell of seaweed and sea salt took over the room. the smell of home.

after I finished the shower and changing into a clean set of clothes I joined the boy in bed, he had been exhausted lately, between taking over cameron development and doing a full days work he was wrecked.

he wrapped his weak arms around my warm body as we laid there in silence for a while, this was my life now. waking up in the arms of a boy who I really loved, one I had lost before and never wanted to again.

he was my everything, my success, the person who I planned on spending the rest of my life with.