chapter nine

I drove home, sobbing. 

I can't believe I was about to confess my love for him, I knew I was dumb for it. 

I knew he wouldn't change. 

as I drove back to my empty house, I laid in bed, ignoring anyone and everyone that called me. 

I just wanted to scream, I wanted to leave obx again but this time... I didn't want to run away from my problems.

I pulled up my phone and next thing I knew, I was calling the pogues and telling them to come over. it was still fairly early in the night so they agreed to come over.

I changed out of my dress and threw on a pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. 

after a while I heard a knock on my front door, I rushed down the stairs and opened the door. I walked the group into the living room "there's drink in the fridge so help yourself". 

I sat down between jj and pope, pope was the designated driver therefore he wasn't drinking. 

jj on the other hand was rolling a blunt for him and I, I never usually smoked but when I had things on my mind I abused it. 

the pogues and I spent the whole night laughing, reminiscing about last summer and how jj and fucked from time to time. 

jj and I were about two blunts and I felt stupidly stoned. whenever jj and I get stoned or party together usually wake up together, it was unusual if we didn't. 

once the group started getting rowdy pope decided to take the group home, jj of course asked to stay over but I couldn't say no.

 once we farewelled the group I walked upstairs to my bedroom, jj followed, I threw my shirt off leaving me in sweatpants and a sports bra while jj stripped from his shirt. 

I pulled myself under the blanket on my bed as jj made his way over, he slipped onto the bed and laid beside me. 

I laid on my back, staring at the roof of my room, thinking about the event that occurred tonight, I felt jj's eyes staring me up and down. 

"bails" he mumbled, I looked over to him and shifted so that I was now laying on my side facing him. we stared into each others eyes, his moved his hand up and down my thigh, gaining closer to my groin more each time. 

"fuck this" he said as he got up from his position cupping my face in his hands and touched his lips to mine. I sat up from my position and sat on his lap not breaking the distance between our lips, the longer the kiss lasted the more heavy it was getting. 

I ran my fingers through his blonde hair as he was grappling on my breasts, I broke away from the kiss and pulled off my bra with the help of him. 

he flipped me over on my back and pulled his pants down, he connected his lips with mine, slowly moving his way down my body until he reached the lining of my pants. he looked up to me and smirked as he ripped the pants from my body. 

he pressed his lips on my thighs and moved his way back up my body, he connected our lips once again. 

we both removed the last of clothes, our lips not gaining distance once. "are you sure?" he asked me, I nodded my head.

                                                                    𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁

I woke up the next day, sun laminating my room, my eyes being blinded by the light.

I felt an arm around my waist, grasping my bare skin. I moved myself slowly out of his arms and walked down stairs.

I poured myself a cup of much deserved coffee, as I walked into the living room I realised how much of a mess we made last night. I sat my coffee down on the table and started making my way to clean the living room.

luckily it didn't take me long, once I finished with the cleaning I made my way back into the kitchen and made myself some food. 

"morning parker" said a male voice behind me, I turned around to face him "morning maybank".

"hey look I've got to head off, the pogues want to hang at the chateau today" 

I nodded in response as I took another sip of my coffee, as I heard the front door slam shut, my phone started ringing, it was sarah.

hey bails what are you doing?

                                                                                                                                                                 nothing really why 

come over, I need help with a dress for midsummers 

                                                                                                                                                             yeah, ill be there in 5

I ran up stairs and changed my clothes, I picked out a pair of denim shorts and a grey cropped tee along with my white sneakers.

instead of driving to sarah's I decided to walk, clear my head and think of all the ways I could avoid rafe and his new flavour of the month. 

I knocked on the door of tannyhill, hoping sarah would open the door instead of him. the door opened, pulling me out of my thoughts. it was her "rafe doesn't want you here" she laughed, I pushed through the door and walked upstairs "good thing I'm not here for him then" I yelled.

I opened sarah's door and fell on the bed "argh I hate her" I said with my face in the pillow, s laughed "don't we all. should've heard the way she spoke to me earlier, I was about to go off".

"do you have dressed picked out for tonight?" sarah asked me, I pulled my head away from the pillow so that I was now looking at the roof "yeah, it was the one I was going to wear last year before you know.".

"who's your date s" I asked as I sat up from the bed facing her, she turned around to face me "john b" she smiled.