21. The meeting. (part 2)

Life gets hard
and it gets messed up
When you give so much,
but it's not enough
When the high's too high,
and the low's too low
When you love someone
and they let you go ✨

Faith was astonished by the interior of the mansion, which depicted not less than any royal palace she read about and she saw in internet. The architecture was stunning and it seemed the minute to minute details were taken care of.

The second thing she sensed when she kept foot in their mansion was smell. The place reeked of some strong expensive odour. That much she could tell. It has some soothing effect on her instantly. They walked into the hallway where she saw  a pair of grand staircase leading to the first floor. A memory of her sprinting down the stairs crying hard, flashed in her head, making her release a shaky breath. There was a huge carpet laid on the floor. She could tell it was made of bear fur. She frowned at the material. She loved animals and could never accept why people will slaughter animals for such things. Suddenly her eyes fell on a maid, who was cleaning the floor. There was a container next to her which had some liquid.

Red liquid?

Her legs glued on the spot as she stared at the some cleaning liquid which she misunderstood for blood.

She couldn't look away from that. The trio noticed her abrubtly halt and  only when they followed her line of sight, they realised why. They could comprehend what was going on in her little mind.

" That's not blood kitten. " Zanvil breathed in her ear, which made her flinch from their proximity. She met his dark grey eyes for a moment and looked away. She doesn't want to be near them.
Zanvil clenched his fist in anger but started walking once his kitten resumed.

Even though they haven't did anything till now, she was on edge. She didn't wanted to be here. The past week has been a whirl wind of emotions for her. She locked herself in her room. William tried to talk to her but she won't speak to anyone. She was scared and afraid of her future. She felt alone. Thrown alone in the cage of Wolves who were thristy. Three vicious wolves who were adamant on ruining her. She didn't knew they were in mafia but God knows what will she go through when she comes to know.

There was no calls from her Chris even. She was feeling dejected and vulnerable. She thought no one will hurt her as long as she follows Chris and her dad blindly but everything turned out upside down in just two months. She's scared for her dear life.  Thoughts of taking her life crossed her mind more often that it made her sleepless at nights. If this wasn't enough, her nightmares became worse and she found herself crying in the middle of the night, more often because there wasn't Chris to fight her demons this time.

She missed him so much that it hurt her. Not even a message or a call from him. They stopped at a very grand dining hall with a dining table that would fit 20 people easily. She saw many maids running hurriedly. No one made any eye contact with them as they were feared by their sirs. They all were aware of their wrath as they all witnessed how they burned a person alive infront of them. They were talking about Max. Every single soul in the mansion were terrified of Romanos. They had an idea about Faith but no one dared to take a glance of her.

" Hiii ! " Faith jumped in fright suddenly when Aurora chirped in a high pitch. Lucian gave a 'don't do that again' look to Aurora who nodded grasping it.

Faith tilted her head confused, trying to think where she saw her. This girl felt familiar. Her blue eyes widened when she realised she was the other girl who caught her in the dungeon. She called her that name.