39. Call.

~I need a lover to keep me sane,
Pull me from hell, bring me back again~

Chris woke up by a call from his nap. He sighed, silencing the ringtone, cursing himself for not keeping his phone on silent. He turned to Faith, who was still asleep peacefully. Chris was up all night after what happened to Faith.  She bled so much. He has been to her room and there was a lot of blood. He couldn't stay one minute in that room.

He blamed himself for what happened. Had he not been out last night, nothing would've happened to his little sister. He sighed, caressing her hair slowly. He doesn't understand why she has to go through everything. She is the most selfless, kind person one would ever find, and yet, she has to bare all the bad in the world. Enough is enough he thought. He'd save her. He'd save his little sister this time before it was too late. He slowly, tried to get on his feet, but then he observed the duvet on him. The same one on Faith, covered him. He smiled and placed a small peck on her forehead.

He exited the room, checking on her one more time. The stitches were intact and there was no bleeding so far. He went down to prepare breakfast for her.

.

.

"Good morning. " She said, rolling onto her back.

" How is my baby doing? " Lucian cooed as soon as her still sleepy face appeared on the phone screen. Faith was still under the covers but received a video call from the trio. They were leaving for Italy for an important deal. At least that's what they were about to tell her.

" Umm..." She moaned, her eyes still refusing to open again. " Little one, don't make us hard in the middle of nowhere. " Azron said in a husky voice. Even though she didn't understand what he said, she rolled onto her stomach and gave them a bright smile while opening her eyes. For a second, the Romanos became breathless looking at her. Their heartbeat skipped multiple beats at a time.

" Good morning. " She said in her angelic voice. The trio were in a trance still. The sun rays from the window were directly falling on her flawless face which made her ethereal in their eyes.

" Good morninggg." She whined as she didn't get a reply. The trio laughed because she looked like a cute puppy that wanted attention.

" Good morning love. " Zanvil cooed at her little pout. " Why are you all laughing? " She asked resting her face in her palms. " Because you're adorable, baby girl. " Lucian said, looking at her dreamily.

" Did you sleep well little one? " Azron asked gaining her attention. She nodded, again smiling at him.

The day started well for them. But little did she know, it was not going to end well for her.

.

.

.

After Lucian made sure he warned her to take the medicines soon after her breakfast and Zanvil ensured she wore flip flops, Azron ended the call.

Faith somehow managed to reach her bathroom carefully did her business and brushed her teeth. She carefully came back to bed without putting much pressure on her injured heel. Somehow just doing that felt like a huge task. She wondered she never realised how important being healthy actually is. She suddenly remembered how Lucian scold her whenever she forget her meds or any slight change that might cause her health issues. He cared for her health more than herself. Not just him , The trio always put her as their top priority in every possible way.

Last night's events started to run through her mind and the pain, how much that hurt. Even in her state somehow she managed to remember the hurt and panic in their eyes as well. It was quite surprising to think that they cared for her, the most evil people she has ever had an encounter with, actually worried about her safety. Zanvil, The man who literally cut out someone's tongue was scared to pull the glass piece out of her foot. She shivered at the memory but somehow she also wondered how could they be so different?