40. The Escape.

" Chris, where are we going? " Faith asked confused when Chris took her to their car. Everything happened so suddenly that she felt odd. Chris barged into her room with a force that scared her. Without anything said, he started packing a couple pair of her dresses in a ruffle bag. He got his own bag of clothes too. He just ignored whatever she asked and made her sit in the car. She found her dad sitting in the front passenger seat. Chris rounded the car and slid into the driver seat and started the engine.

" D-Dad what's happening? " She has never seen Chris this serious.

Where are we even going? Her dad gave her an apologetic look and soon Chris was driving fast that made the situation even more scary to her. She fiddled her fingers in nervousness as she observed the atmosphere in the car which is going heavy with the tension she doesn't know anything about.

" Can anyone tell me what's happening here? " Faith asked one more time, panicking. She doesn't know what they are doing but something in her gut is telling that it brings trouble and she really cannot afford to get into trouble. Not again.

" Sweety, we're leaving the country. " Chris at last, answered.

" What? What do you mean by that? " She didn't expect this.

Leaving country?

" Calm down sweety, we're going because of the business. Chirs locked a deal during his business trip which would require us to be there. So we're leaving. We have booked a last minute flight so...the haste. " William tried to assure her but even  she could see right through her father lie.  Chris and her dad were the kind of people who gets mad when things are not planned ahead. That and the worry in their faces told her they were lying and that made the dread in her stomach tighten even more.

But why will dad and chris lie? Did anything happened, that we have to leave country... Do they know?- her heart literally stopped for a second as she realised...

They don't know.

Hurriedly, she checked for her phone in her bag. Chris didn't take her phone. She don't think her dad and Chris brought their phones either. This only mean one thing.If she even had a doubt before now it's cleared.

We're escaping from them.

" D-Dad, a-are w-we... Are we running a-away? " Her voice trembled as her hands shook visibly. " from t-them ? please say n-no. " Chris shared a look with his father before turning back.

" Sweety, hey it's okay. They won't find us. Calm down Faith. " But she was far from being calm. She almost wanted to shout at them for even pulling this stunt.

" They'll f-find us Chris. They'll h-hurt us. "

" No, they won't. Trust me Faith. " He took her hand in his, while the other one was on the steering wheel. That for a second calmed her but the thoughts of how they'll hurt her again was messing with her mind and she literally cannot calm down.

What if they lock her up in the same room again?

They'll hurt Chris and dad...

What if they leave her to those dangerous dogs?

She was terrified. Every warning they ever gave her played in her mind one after the other. Her fear skyrocketed when she saw a car following them on a highway. There was no other car in vicinity.

" C-Chris, someone is following us. Could that be...be them? " She asked scared.

Chris saw the car from the rearview mirror and shook his head. " No, that's not them. "

As he was speaking, the car behind sped up and crossed Chris's car. The windows were tinted, just like Romano's cars, so Faith can't see who was inside. But Chris knows who's in there. The car took a sharp turn, and stopped right infront of their car, which confused Chris as to why that person stopped suddenly. They didn't even reach the airport. He just made them stop in a abandoned road.