17 ||

"do you... have feelings for jackson?"

~⚡️~

                                                                                                                            ~⚡️~

november 17, 2020
     los angeles, ca
6:18 pm

"well? what did you get?" anna asked as she leaned foreword, trying to read the paper.

"OHHH HE GOT SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN WITH LAYLA!!!" jack shouted, teasing his friend.

the next thing layla and zach knew, they were being shoved into the room down the hall that had no furniture in it. it was just an empty room.

jack slammed the door after shoving them inside. "we'll let you know when it's been seven minutes!" he teased from the other side of the door.

zach knew how the whole 'seven minutes in heaven' thing worked. he was allowed to do whatever he wanted with her. 

"soooo whatcha wanna do?" layla asked awkwardly.

he walked closer to her and put his hand on her cheek and smiled at her. she looked beautiful. tired, but beautiful. it was almost like he was drowning in her eyes. if only she knew that she had him wrapped around her finger.

layla observed zach's face patiently as she waited for him to answer.
zach looked down and sighed.

"you okay?" layla asked, concern in her voice.

"can we just... talk?" he asked quietly.

"oh. um... yeah of course. here, let's sit down," she replied as she took a seat on the floor in front of zach.

he sat down and faced her. she could tell he dealing with contention in his head.
"zach...?" she said quietly as she tilted her head to the left.

he looked up at her and smiled.
"do you... have feelings for jackson?" he asked.

the question confused her. is that why he seemed a bit off today?
"what?! nooo," she answered, waving her arms in front of her.

"really? because it seems like you do," he said as he raised an eyebrow at the girl sitting in front of him.

"what makes you say that?" she asked.

"during twister, you called him 'cutie', you basically encouraged him to kiss you, and you seem to tease him a lot," he replied, holding eye contact with layla.
i can't tell her i like her yet.
i won't.
it's not time.

"zach, i only see him as a friend... seriously," she replied with a serious face.
"but... why do you ask?"

"i don't know. he just gives off weird vibes. like, i almost think he likes you. and with how he treats all his other female friends, i can't see you being happy as his girlfriend," he answered.