9 ||

"what the hell do you want?"

~👻~

                                                                                                                                  ~👻~

       october 31, 2020
los angeles, ca

     9:23 pm

layla turned around and her eyes widened at who she saw...her ex.
she jerked her arm out of his grasp and held her left wrist with her right hand.

"what the hell do you want?" she growled at him.

"i want you, babygirl," he teased as he got closer to her.

"well, that really sucks because i don't feel the same at all, jackass," she responded as she took a step back.

"you know you want me," he whispered in her ear as he leaned closer to her and sniffed her neck.

layla gagged at the smell of drugs and alcohol on him.

"why don't we sneak up to one of the rooms upstairs and, you know, get at it," he smirked.

"fuck no! why would i wanna 'get at it' with YOU???"  she shot back.

"c'mon babygirl, you know you want it," he smirked, once again.

"i know that i very much do not, sir." she stated as she crossed her arms.

her ex, ethan grabbed her arm and tugged her toward him as he started going towards the stairs.

"fucking let go of me!" layla growled through gritted teeth as she tried to break his grasp.
"I SAID LET GO OF ME."
layla struggle to get him to let go of her. she tried shouting but the music was so loud, she probably wasn't heard.

"i swear to god, if you don't fucking let go of me," layla started.

"you'll do what?" ethan started. "hurt me?" he continued as he smirked.

he stepped onto the first step and pulled her nearer to him.

"LET ME FUCKING GO!!" layla yelled as she fought to get away from him. she started feeling dizzy and weaker.

she heard someone shouting and suddenly, ethan's hand let go of her. she stumbled back and into the wall. she felt someone's arms catch her before she hit the ground. she looked up and saw jack glaring at ethan with gritted teeth. he looked pissed.

"jack?" she questioned.

he looked down at her with a serious expression.
"come with me, let's get you out of here," he stated as he stood up, making sure she stayed close to him.

layla held onto jack's arm as she followed him, trying not to look back at what else had happened.
they made it outside and went to the side of the house and onto a patio. jack helped layla sit down on a bench and he sat next to her.

"did you leave your shoes and wings inside?" he asked.

"yeah, i'm not worried about it. if no one takes them, eben will get 'em back to me," she replied as she rubbed her wrist.

"that was...him, right?" he asked.

"mhm, and he was drunk," layla responded.

"i saw some of what he did back there, and i heard a little. did he ever to that kind of stuff when you two were together?" jack asked, worriedly.

"no, he was always respectful until we had an argument that lasted for days. he would try to act sweet and suggest we do things to 'ease our stress' but i always rejected. he never threatened me and he never did drugs. and when i would reject, he respected my wishes and backed off," she replied, fighting back tears.

jack observed layla's face as he knew she was fighting tears.
"hey, hey, hey, it's okay to cry," he said reassuringly as he put his arms around her.
she couldn't hold it in anymore, she let the tears pour out as her head was buried in jack's chest.
jack held the back of her head with his right hand and held his left arm around her torso.

"it's okay," he whispered to the girl in his arms.

layla was really good friends with all the guys, but she had known zach much longer. she had met the rest of the guys shortly after zach did, because zach introduced her to them. even though jack didn't have the same kind of bond with layla that zach did, he truly cared for her. he loved her much like the rest of the guys did. she was like a sister to them.
seeing her hurt this much because of a stupid, disrespectful guy that broke her heart crushed jack. he hated seeing her like this, and he knew the other guys would feel the same. but out of all the guys, he was most worried for zach.

when zach and layla were younger, if zach playfully threw a toy at layla and it caused her to get hurt and cry, zach would run over to her and hold her in his tiny arms and cry because he felt bad for hurting his best friend. he cried when her family moved to new york. he cried when she cried about her parents divorce. he cried when she had to get on a plane to get home after they spent several weeks together at his house. he cried when he had to leave after spending several weeks at her house.
he cried tears of joy when she surprised him by showing up to one of the band's meet and greets.
layla was one of very few people that were capable of making zach cry, and being able to make him cry tears of joy is an accomplishment.

jack could tell that layla had been holding in a lot of her pain for a while, and that also worried him.

soon, jack heard footsteps running in his and layla's drection. he looked over, he saw zach running towards him, worried.

"LAYLA?!" he shouted.

he made it to her and got down on his knees, resting his thighs on his heels. he grabbed her arms and looked up at her, tears were streaming down her face.

"hey, hey, hey, it's okay. i got you." he whispered, comfortingly.

she fell into his arms and wrapped her arms around his chest. feeling his touch calmed her down and eased the pain that she felt inside. she sobbed into his chest as he rubbed her back and held the back of her head.

"i got you, i got you. it's okay," he whispered.

~👻~

idk how i feel abt this one.....

whatever lol

i hope u somewhat enjoyed :)

choose happy :)

be safe <3

i love you

                                                       ~👻~