14 ||

"there's no d in me-"

~⚡️~

                                                                                                                                  ~⚡️~

     novenber 3, 2020
los angeles, ca

   4:21 pm

layla pulled into the driveway of jackson's house before stepping out of her white jeep, grabbing her mini backpack, phone, two coffees from starbucks, and her car keys. she locked the doors to her car before walking up to the porch and ringing the doorbell.

soon, a tall man with brown hair came bolting towards the door. he flung it open and wrapped his arms around layla, embracing her in a warm hug.
her cheeks flushed pink as she took in his scent and felt his touch. the two broke the hug and smiled at each other.

"i brought coffee," layla smiled, breaking the short silence.

"aw you didn't have to do that!" jackson replied, smiling.

"i wanted to be nice today," she shrugged, smiling in response.

jackson simply laughed in return as he reached for the door handle and gestured for layla to go in first.

-

"so today i have my friend, layla with me," jackson smiled at the camera, gesturing to layla who was just now coming into view, smiling.

"hi," she smiled, waving.

the two looked at each other before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

"alright layla, do you know what we're doing today?" jackson asked as the screen cut back to the two friends

"no bitch do i look like i know-" she stated, flatly.

jackson burst out laughing once again before looking at his phone.
"we're pranking people" he stated in reply.

"bruh you always prank people the fuck-" she answered as if she wasn't interested.

"well, not really pranking. more like creeping them out with weird-slash-disgusting pick-up lines." he answered.

"ahHOO i'm interested." layla replied, her eyes widened as she rubbed her hands together.

"alright, so i have a few pick-up lines that you guys gave me on my instagram, which we will be using today." jackson smiled at the camera then looked over at the girl seated next to him who didn't seem to notice his eyes looking at her.
"alright let's get started!" jackson exclaimed, looking at the camera once again.

-

layla's phone buzzed as the line connected through to anna.
"hello? anna's voice came through layla's phone speaker.

"hey uh, can you do something for me?" layla asked, fighting laughter.

"uh...sure? what's up?" anna asked, clearly confused.

"can you uh...spell 'me'?" layla answered, questioningly.

"me?" anna asked, even more confused.

"yeah."

"okay... m...e?" anna said in a more questioning tone.

"you forgot the d." layla answered, trying not to burst out laughing.

"what? there's no d in me" anna said, confused.

"not yet." layla answered in a way that anna could tell she had a joking smirk on her face.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU NEED JESUS-" anna exclaimed.

layla burst out laughing as anna did the same on the other side of the call.

"i swear you're so fucking messed up." anna laughed.

"bitch, you think i don't know that??" layla responded, dying of laughter.

"it's not even funny but it is." anna said, laughing.

"exactly." layla responded, still laughing.

-

"are you going to call her???" jackson asked, impatiently.

"patience child, my phone is being stupid," layla replied, calmly.

"oh my god," jackson responded, quietly under his breath.

the phone then made a low ringing as she dialed christina.

"hello?" christina asked from the other side of the phone.

"hey," layla replied, faking being stressed out.

"you alright?" christina asked, concerned.

"yeah, why?" layla questioned.

"you sound stressed," christina stated in response.

"i'm not...." layla said, hesitantly.

"mmhmm. is it because you have so much stuff to take care of?"

"no..?" layla said as though she was slightly confused.

"really?" christina pursed her lips.
"i can help you if you're overwhelmed about anything." she added.

"no, no, i'm on top of things," layla answered quickly.

"alright then..." christina replied.

"would you like to be one of them?" layla asked in an odd tone of voice.

"wha- OH MY GOD LAYLA. WHAT THE HELL???" christina shouted before she started laughing.

"what did she say to you???" corbyn asked cristina in the distance.

"she said she was on top of things then she asked if i wanted to be one of them," christina replied, laughing.

"oh my god," corbyn responded, laughing.

"okay, bye christina. love youuu," layla said.

"bye love," christina responded as she tried to get herself to stop laughing.

_

Hey shawties!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while.... a long while.... 😅

Anyway, I had some stuff going on with my mental health and I had to take some time to sort it all out. But I'm all good now!
So, I'll be working on updating more!
Love you guys!! <3