13 ||

"why don't you ask her to dance with you?"

~ ⚡️~

                                                                                                                               ~⚡️~

                                                                                                                               ~⚡️~

    november 2, 2020
los angeles, ca

  5:42 pm

layla climbed out of the limo that had parked in front of the large house. she walked up the large staircase, her robe flowing behind her as the air hit it as she walked.
she stopped in front of the bouncer who waited by the door, holding a clipboard and a pen.

"name please." he said.

"layla johnson." she smiled in response.

"ah! ms. johnson! how are you?" he exclaimed.

"i'm good! and you?"

"i'm alright." he smiled as he opened the door, allowing her to enter the large house.
"enjoy the party." he continued.

"thank you." she smiled, walking into the house.

she noticed that there weren't many people. maybe around fifty, give or take a few.
soon, her eyes met a pair of familiar dark brown ones. a smile crept onto her face as she approached the figure in front of her.
soon, the tall figure's arms were wrapped around her as her arms wrapped around them.

"hi jackson." she said quietly, smiling as her face was buried in his chest.

"hi bunny." he quietly replied, smiling as his chin was rested on her shoulder.

although they couldn't see the smiles on each others faces, they knew that the smiles were there.

layla always loved jackson's hugs. they were like jonah's but almost better. it was odd to imagine anyone could give a better hug than jonah, but jackson was the one who could.

since jackson was tall and had long arms, it was like a blanket was wrapped around you. when he hugged you, he would pull your body closer to his and you could feel how much love was put into the hug. no matter how long you hugged him, the love never faded, nor did he ever get impatient. he always waited for you to break the hug, no matter how long you decided to hug him for. 

layla soon broke the hug and observed jackson's face, and then his costume.

"ayyyyy" he exclaimed, gesturing to the fact that they were both dressed as gryffindor students.

"yessss sirrrrr" layla responded, laughing.

jackson gently grabbed layla's wrist and went up to eben.