18 ||

"...it's cold."

                            "here. you can wear my hoodie."

                           "thanks. but... can i lay with you?"

~⚡️~

                                                                                                              ~⚡️~

november 18, 2020
    los angeles, ca
2:12 am

layla lied on the makeshift bed that she had made out of a pile of blankets on the floor, trying to get warm. she wrapped herself in several blankets and curled herself into a ball, but she couldn't seem to get comfortable.
she sat up and looked around the room. daniel and franny were cuddling on the couch. jonah and tate were cuddled up on the recliner. ashley, christina, and corbyn were all spooning on the air mattress, with ashley being the big spoon, christina as the middle spoon, and corbyn as the little spoon. jack, anna, jackson, and gabbie had left a few hours ago. zach was curled up at the other side of the room on another air mattress. and eben had gone up to his bedroom.

layla got up from her 'bed', blanket still wrapped around her, and walked over to where zach was sleeping. she leaned down and hesitantly put her hand on his shoulder. she looked at the fluffy-haired boys face. he looked so at peace. she didn't want to disturb him from whatever dream he may have been having, because by the look on his face, it was a happy one.
she shivered as the air blew out from the vent on the ceiling and grazed over her skin.

"zach," she whispered as she gently rubbed her hand over his shoulder.
"zach."

"hm..." was all that came out of his mouth as he scrunched up his face.

"um..." layla hesitated.

zach sat up and looked at his best friend as she was knelt down by his side, looking at the floor while fiddling with the strings from her sweatpants.
"what's up?" he asked huskily.

layla's cheeks turned a light shade of pink at the sound of his sleepy voice.
"...it's cold," she whispered as she continued to stare at the ground.

"here," zach said as he started to take off his hoodie.
"you can wear my hoodie," he mumbled as he handing his hoodie to the blonde girl next to him.

layla took it from his hands, pulled the blanket off her shoulders, and slipped the hoodie over her head. she pulled the sleeves over her hands to keep warm and looked at the ground once again.
"thanks. but... can i lay with you?" she asked, barely whispering.