Four 》Family

"So, how was it? You didn't call the last five months, what has all happened at my dad's, honey?", your mother asked, interested in the stories you had to tell.

You tried to think of something nice to tell at the dinner table, so your brothers wouldn't get bored.

To be honest, there wasn't much going on lately.

"We didn't do much, but we went mini golfing and played a lot of poker at home. Grandma even showed me how to knit a sweater.", you smiled...

Although your mind was still racing with memories of Henry and Patrick. Maybe they'd forgotten you?

As mentioned before, you had been thirteen when you left. Now you were on your way to turn sixteen.

Your face and body had changed a lot, so they hopefully wouldn't even recognize you.

"Sounds like you had fun.", your dad responded smiling as he shoved a fork full of food into his mouth. Not completely present, you nodded.

"Hey, [Y/n], would you mind making a sweater for me?", Georgie asked, hope and joy swinging in his voice. "I'm sure she'd love to, right?", your mom asked with a demanding smile.

Rolling your eyes at her, you turned towards Georgie. "Of course, what color would ya like?"

You weren't an asshole, obviously you'd make him one! Why would your mother think otherwise, she knew you.

The conversation about Georgie's sweater went on for a bit before you asked your family, what had happened while you were gone.

But they didn't have much to tell either, so all five of you ate in silence.

You were the first to finish, since you weren't really hungry this evening.

All you wanted to do was to sleep and forget about your two bullies, your dead grandma and the awkwardness at your dinner table.

Everything felt off, it wasn't the same as before.

And you could only hope that it would get better soon. Probably after your family got used to you again. Of course, this would also have to happen the other way around.

Bill and George had changed so much in the past two years, that it seemed like you didn't even know them.

You felt as if you had missed two very important years of their development.

You stood up, pushed your chair towards the table and carried your plate to the sink. Then, while walking past them, you kissed Billy and Georgie goodnight.

•<>•<>•<>•

May 12, 1988

Yawning, you stood up and stretched yourself, making your bones crack. You sighed deeply, rubbed your eyes and switched on the lamp of your room.

After you got used to the light, that previously seemed to burn your fucking eyeball, you searched for some clothes.

Your plan was to throw on your favorite pair of pants and your favorite things to wear as a top, but sadly you had worn them yesterday and thrown them into the washing machine afterwards.

So, you grabbed a white pullover, some loose, gray jeans and a half-sleeved, red shirt and threw it on. (Kind of like John Bender because why not, he hot)

You looked into the mirror, which was leaning against a wall in one corner of your room, and fiddled around with the fabric of your outfit until you were comfortable with wearing it.

It wasn't anything special, you just wanted to get some stuff for your room... like posters, Dvds, vinyls and new bedsheets.

You didn't like the one with the kids design anymore.