Thirty-Seven 》Questions

"Hi...", you laughed unsteady, cringing at your poor choice of words. Well, word. You put on an unconvincing smile.

"Out of her bed. Now.", the glasses-wearing boy ordered, glaring daggers at Patrick. Your eyes fell upon Bill, who was staring at your boyfriend with just as much hate as your old best friend.

If not even more.

Patrick was about to say something and move off of the mattress, definitely heading into the kids' direction.

So, you pulled him down again, making him sit there as he ripped his arm out of your grip harshly.

But he laid it down on your shoulders shortly after because he didn't want you to know that he didn't care for your situation right now.

Truth be told, he was actually amused.

Not knowing what was going to happen made him excited. And given your panicked state, he didn't even need to know what he should act like to comfort you realistically. He could just lean back and somewhat listen to what you told him next.

"[Y-Y/n], why wu-would sleep with Patrick H-Ho-Ho-Hockstetter?", Bill asked agape.

Before you could say something, Ben interrupted you by saying: "What the fuck? This psycho threatens you and us all the time.

And even if you think he may have changed because he doesn't hurt you anymore, he never changes! He's just fucking playing with you to get into your pants!"

Now, your panicked and unsure expression turned into an angry one. You narrowed your eyes at Ben.

These words... They reminded you of what Patrick had told you about Henry.

"All he did was play you to get into your pants."

You stood up, nearly tripping, and made your way over to the chubby boy. "Listen here, you little shit. I really liked you, you're a very funny and nice guy, but if you're clever, you better not talk shit about my boyfriend again.", you hissed.

Behind you, Patrick was showing the group of kids his wide grin. What you had just done made him pretty proud.

You turned towards Richie. "Richie-", you started in a now softer tone. "No! No, don't "Richie" me! Why would you fucking accept this piece of filth as your boyfriend?"

"Hey, come on...", you mumbled, looking along the line of kids, "You need to understand that-"

"Wh-What is there to u-understand?

You f-fu-f-fuck our bully. T-That's it.", your brother cut off your sentence. "Would you shut up for a second?!", Patrick slurred.

"Fucking faggot...", he mumbled, "Let your sister talk or I'll make sure none of you will ever be able to talk again."

You could see each one of the four kids gulp before footsteps were heard. Joining the small group were Eddie, Mike and Stan, second one being the person to ask: "What the hell is going on?"

You sat back down on your bed.

And on top of that, your mother suddenly rushed over the floor before coming to a stop at your door.

"I'm so done with everything...", you whispered, leaning into Patrick's touch, who just had his signature smirk playing on his lips.

The boy was enjoying the scene that played out infront of him so much.

"[Y/n]?", a few of them asked in sync, waiting for you to explain what was happening right before their eyes.

"Could y'all please just leave me in peace?", you questioned them with pleading eyes. "[Y/n], honey, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend...", your mother spoke, eying the boy next to you suspiciously but with a smile.

"You didn't tell me you would be home earlier. Where are Georgie and Dad?", you replied, not wanting to explain yourself.

"Still gone. I was having a bad headache yesterday and decided to return already. And you better be thankful for it only being me, your father would kill the two of you.", she explained, darting her pointer finger between you and Pat.

Silence.
No one dared to make a noise...
besides Patrick, who was humming some tune to himself. If he cared about any of this, he wouldn't keep his mouth shut but help you instead.

"So?", Richie asked, wanting to listen to what you had to say. And some part of him - the part that was raging with anger - wanted to make you uncomfortable in front of your mother.

"Guys, this is Patrick.", you sighed, intending to make your mom believe that the losers didn't know him already.

Then, you went on with: "Yes, he is my boyfriend. No, we haven't been hiding our relationship, we just got together. He's my age, don't worry."

You were still too tired for all of this. And you were pretty sure your mother would take the new information well.

Patrick pushed himself out of bed and walked to your mother.

He held his hand out.

"Patrick Hockstetter, nice to meet ya. You're just as pretty as your daughter, Mrs Denbrough.", he grinned mischievously.

In his head, Richie was insulting him as a psychopath once again, but your mother seemed to not care or not notice.

Either way, she shook his hand with a smile, introducing herself to him.

Eyeing you shortly, she was thought about this. She had heard his name before, but she couldn't put a finger on it. Where had she heard the boy's name?

Well, it was a small town, so she simply let the question down and looked back at Patrick.

"Would you like to eat with us? I was just offering Stanley and the others to cook breakfast. By the way...", she turned towards her son, "You can't just invite people over whenever you want. Especially not that many!", she lectured, glaring at him.

"Bu-But [Y-Y/n] is the one wi-w-with her b-b-b-boyfriend over!", he defended himself.

"And [Y/n] is the one a couple years older than you. By the looks of it, it doesn't seem that she had supervision."

Not wanting to get your little brother in any trouble, you interrupted the conversation: "Sorry mom, but I had. I just wanted to take a quick nap. I was with them the whole time."

Bill gave you an approving nod while smiling at you, which he quickly refrained from doing.

He was still mad at you, but you kept your hopes up. You just wanted them to not hate you... even if you were with Patrick now.

Maybe you were expecting too much?