Forty-One 》Loving Him

July 31, 1988

"C'mon! I just told you to shut up once. I'm sorry, babe! Okay? You were getting on my nerves.", Patrick tried to excuse his behavior while you were on your way to leave his house. "So it's my fault that you get annoyed by me?! If that's the case, you shouldn't be my boyfriend.", you stated, trying to hide the upcoming tears und look strong.

Why you were brought to tears that easily was questioning.

You thought you had improved and weren't some helpless, weak, little girl anymore. But there you stood, eyes going wet because of the huge Hockstetter asshole.

"Well, maybe you're right! But I love you, [Y/n]. Don't you fucking get it?!

I'm with you because I have feelings for you and I just got annoyed because your babbling was stressing me out."

"So, I should talk less just to please you?", you asked, stepping back even further and resting your hands on your hips, a look of accusation on your face.

"Baby...", Patrick cooed as he quickly took a step forward, yet in a smooth motion. He laid down his hands on your sides and removed your hands from your hips. "I wouldn't want anyone else, a'ight? I want you, even if you can get on my nerves from time to time.", he grinned, pulling you a little closer.

He was looking deeply into your eyes as you tried to contain yourself and convince you to not fall for his words.

Maybe he meant it, but you couldn't let yourself be overpowered by him now.

You didn't want to come out of this situation as the loser. And you weren't exactly sure if you could even believe him or his statements. Did you really talk that much?

However, you only had to take one other look into Patrick's eyes to forgive him - as always.

You leaned forward, pulling him into a hug as the lanky boy draped his arms around your body. "I'm sorry.", you mumbled, sniffing your nose and burying your head into the crook of his neck.

He simply hummed against you and walked back into his house, lifting you into the air to carry your limp body with him.

"Let's get ya mind off what happened, alright?", he asked, a wide smile appearing on his face.

You closed your legs around his waist and nodded into his chest, causing him to laugh and slap your butt whilst carrying you towards his bedroom.

•<>•<>•<>•

August 03, 1988

"Hey."

You sat up straight, your legs falling off the rock you had been crouching on. You nearly fell off the wet stone beneath you, yet someone managed to catch you before you could hurt yourself.

However, after standing up, you hurriedly distanced yourself from the boy who had grabbed your body and had helped you stand up straight.

"What are you doing here?", you asked irritated, glancing up and down at the blonde male.

"I was walking by, saw you and... thought we could chat.", he replied. Your brows furrowed at that before you stated: "We've never had an actual conversation before. It's weird of you to just walk up to me after properly meeting me for the first time fucking yesterday. Geez!"

The slim boy shrugged, smiling at you.

"Well you seem nice enough. Like a great distraction from all the yelling and cursing when I'm with the gang."

"Wow, thank you, Victor. Never have I ever gotten such a lovely compliment.", you joked, rolling your eyes sarcastically before hesitantly sitting down on the rock again and patting the extra space next to you.

"Could imagine that with Pat as your man.", he mumbled, chuckling ever so slightly.

"Don't be mean."
"I'm not. I'm the nice one."
"Pfff, bet!"

You both giggled a little. Then, you looked at each other without saying another word.

"Listen, uh- Henry... lately he's been going off for no reason. And I'm afraid he's gonna actually hurt somebody, I'm afraid he's gonna hurt himself.

So is Bel- Reginald.", Victor stated.

You sighed and looked towards your exposed lap before gulping loud enough for him to hear. However, he didn't let you respond. He simply kept going shortly after.

"I know that you and Pat seem really... lovestruck. But in front of Hen, I don't know, it seems to anger him.", he explained. And that's when you remembered...

"He still hasn't told you, huh? Not even his friends, wow. Must've been very important to him.", you murred, blinking away the tears, which abruptly shot up in your eyes.

"Hasn't told us wh-"
"That we used to date. Before I got with Patrick.", you answered rather quick, not caring for Henry's reputation whatsoever.

"What?! When?", he sort of yelled out, eyes widening when he stared at you as if he had seen a ghost.

"What do I know... We broke up after, like, a couple of weeks when he started cussing me out again.", you mumbled, remembering the encounter at the quarry, that you were at right now. "He hit me. And Patrick was there to comfort me... I guess, I just kind of fell for him."

"Woah, I had no idea! But... Both of them don't strike me as the types to have a longterm relationship or girlfriend.", he doubted, being as honest as he could.

"I know.", you sighed once more, "That's probably why my relationship with Henry didn't last. If you could even call it one."

"And what's the difference between him and Patrick?"

"Well, Patrick... he-", you started before thinking for some seconds. "He doesn't keep me a secret. He shows me his affection for me and takes care of me, ya know? They're both... unusual. They both have their softness and roughnesses to them, but with Patrick I feel safer.", you ended up in a whisper.

"Why?! Who on earth would-"
"He helped me 'recover' from Henry and all of his lies. He's not as bad as it seems.", you smiled lightly, thinking about your boyfriend.

The boy next to you whistled.

"Someone's in love with their man! Hell yeah!", he cheered loudly, having taken a look at you.

"But", he stated hesitantly, "do you really think you can trust anything that any of those two airheads say?"

"I... Well, I know one thing for sure.", you hummed, causing him to take a better look at you, his interest peeked by your words. "I have feelings for... them. I love Patrick and I'd have him as my boyfriend over and over again, even if it meant fighting with Henry."

"Yet, you crush on Mr Mullet too."

"Can't help it. But I do hope it'll pass. Loving him... it doesn't mean that I want to have these feelings. They're just there."

He chuckled.

"Well, I guess this drama is my sign to leave you here. Philosophising or whatever the fuck it is that you're doing.

I hope you'll come around more often though! Ask Patrick to bring you with him sometime again, would ya?"

____

Sorry for taking over a month off!

This chapter was started and never finished, since school break is over again and I also kind of had a writers block due to being too invested in other drafts...

Hope this "sort of filler" -chapter does good anyways. Thanks for all the kind comments and votes, btw! They really helped me with fulfilling this bundle of trash chapter.