Thirty-Six 》Guilt

July 18, 1988

It was a late evening, your parents and Georgie were out of house for a few days. So, of course, Patrick had taken the opportunity to pay you a visit. Again.

To your dismay.

You had told him that Bill was still there. And so were Stan and Mike, like, all the time for the past few days. But it seemed to not have changed his mind, since he was standing in your doorway right now.

You hadn't had a chance to tell you parents about him, yet. Although you weren't even sure if you would want them to know of his existence.

Your brand-new boyfriend knew about your internal struggle about keeping his identity hidden from your family. Even though Bill and you had never told anyone about your bullies, the stories about the Bowers Gang were always being spread in a small town like this.

And his name fell pretty often.

You rushed him inside before silently closing the door behind him. He looked down at you and smirked at the hickeys, that were covering your neck and shoulder.

Since you were only wearing a loose shirt, he was able to see nearly your whole right shoulder. It was one of his shirts. He had left it the same night he had left those hickeys.

Truth be told, he was suprised to even get a hint of them. Usually, you would cover them up by wearing scarfs or make-up.

Well, usually, you would also not wear any clothing that had short sleeves, because most people weren't allowed to see your arm.

You had no reason to feel this way, but you were afraid your mother was gonna ask you about it and you didn't feel like you were able to drop such a bomb of information on her.

After all, it had already felt hard to tell your grandmother the story about the scars and the two boys who gave them to you.

But back to Pat...

That boy wasted no time before slamming you against the wall of the entrance and pressing his lips against your's. You were able to make out a big smile on them.

He pulled on your bottom lip as he looked straight into your sparkling and widened eyes.

Then, abruptly, he let go of it and fixed his position, standing to his full length again.

He smirked at you. "Delicious."
You could only roll your eyes at him and walk away. But he followed your every move, making his way upstairs with you.

While entering your room, he asked: "What's with the T-Shirt? Finally decided to dress like it's summer?"

You narrowed your eyes at him. "No, I just wasn't planning on leaving my room any time soon, so I didn't want to suffer to death from heat.", you replied.

•<>•<>•<>•

You were suffering from the heat that was surrounding you, given that Patrick and you were all cuddled up, laying on your bed while some music was playing.

He was laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. You had laid down sideways - with your body halfway over his torso.

One of your legs was placed over him while your hand was subconsciously playing with a few strands of his hair.

He had one of his hands on your back and the other one at the top of your head.

Something inside him made this feel... warm. Not like you would think. He didn't sweat because of the blanket that was covering you both. It was more like... it made him warm up on the inside and he didn't know why.

But he was dying to experience this feeling more often. If it meant cuddling with you like this, he would remember to do it a lot more in the future.

Wow, he found yet another good point in stealing away Henry's girl.

Finally, he had someone who would stay with him, put up with his temper tantrums and sick mind and still cuddle with him.

Not like the one-night fucks he used to have. You were just a loving and caring person. The other girls, and sometimes boys, he had had sexual intercourse with wanted to not be bullied or just fuck a "bad boy" for once.

Maybe, just maybe, he was also simply shoving them away and it was his fault for never experiencing this. But that's just a possibility.

Not like he would even admit to having sexual experiences with boys, he always threatened them to keep their mouth shut. He wasn't insecure about his sexuality or something, but he had a preference for girls.

And he liked calling Richie and some other guys faggots, so a "coming out" would be a no-go. He'd never spill, not even to you or Henry. He'd always consider himself straight.

July 19, 1988

After many quick, loud banging noises, the door to your room flew open, revealing your eldest brother, Richie, Ben and Beverly.

Patrick and you jolted up, confused as ever since both of you didn't know what was going on.

The sleepiness was evident on your faces as you both dragged your hands or arms along them while stretching and yawning.

At the moment, you were still too tired to consider acknowledging the kids in the entrance of your room. You rubbed your digits over your eyes whilst Patrick ran one of his hands through his messy, slightly filthy and knotted hair.

Your body was still next to him. And you were partially leaning into him as you tried to wake yourself up.

All the while, the lanky boy let his eyes wander along your room and his brain seemed to stop working for a second. Even though he didn't let it show, he was concerned after seeing your brother and your friends.

It was way too early in the morning to be having an argument with those loosers, but he knew that you wanted to tell them about your relationship yourself, before the whole school knew.

Because Patrick definitely would have not made a secret out of it as soon as the summer break was over.

However, he didn't know what to do right now. Their presence was unknown to you and your wish - to tell them yourself - was thrown over hoard in seconds.

In his head, he was debating on what to say or do, still staring at the young teenagers in your doorway.

You on the other hand just kissed his cheek lightly, before trying to fall asleep again.

But he held you up and grabbed your chin harshly, turning your head towards the boys and Beverly.

Just as you were about to open your mouth, Richie spoke: "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

With widened eyes you stared at them. At your old friends, whose friendship you had completely neglected over the past few weeks.

Guilt washed over you. They must feel so stupid now... finding you all cuddled up with the person that is straight up harassing and bullying them.

You felt stupid now...