An Unforgivable Mistake

Doctors arrived and found the whole room filled with blood. Surprisingly Alexander's face showed no expression of pain. He was laughing and talking in Gibberish language. This blew their mind. They realised that this is not an usual case and they can never cure this. They told Olivia that Pneumonia has nothing to do with Alexander's behaviour and suggested her to meet a psychologist before it's too late.

Olivia decided to take quick action but she was not fortunate enough. After a day of searching she realised that there was no psychologist in the entire town. Still she didn't stop. She decided to search in another town. But she was stuck in a whirlpool of decisions. She couldn't leave Alexander alone at home. But for his recovery it was very necessary for her to go out of town. After thinking about this for a long time she came to a risky conclusion. She decided that Charles and Lilly would stay at home and would take care of Alexander and she will go to another town.

In the morning everything was going as per the plan. Olivia gave him the lunch and left for another town. She locked the door properly. She kissed both the children and asked them to be safe and cautious. The day went as usual. Both the children were spending their time watching their favourite cartoon on the old TV. Soon both of them got tired and fell asleep on the sofa.

They woke up by a sharp noise from Alexander's room. They were caught in a frenzy of fear. They looked on the wall clock, it showed 10 p.m. It was already late so they decided to give Alexander his dinner as soon as possible. They rushed to the kitchen made simple sandwich. They had one and decided to give another to Alexander. Charles commanded Lilly to go to her bedroom and he will alone give the food. Lilly being his younger sister obediently followed her instructions.

Charles was on his way to Alexander's room. He was a bundle of nerves. He was sweating and was blank. He didn't know whether it will be safe or not. Yet he was determined and knew one thing that at the end he is his same adorable dad.
He went to his room. The room was pitch black. All the windows and lights were closed. He couldn't even see his dad but he didn't tried to investigate any further. The room was filled with faint foul blood smell. He put the plate at the entrance and rushed outside. He was so terror stricken that he didn't even closed the door properly and even lacked the courage to turn around and check whether it is closed or not.

He rushed to his room, tucked himself under the blanket. Soon he heard a sound from Alexander's room but he didn't even bother about that. He tightly closed his eyes in fear and tried to fall asleep. But he was unaware of the fact that the sound was the opening of Alexander's room.