Scream

It was about midnight when Lilly woke up by a strange noise. She could feel someone climbing the stairs. The night was spooky and silent. Thumps of big foots on the stairs can be heard clearly. Lilly sat upon her bed. The sound was getting louder and louder and suddenly it stopped. She thought that was just an illusion because she was just too stressed but suddenly she heard a knock on the door. She gulped and asked "Who's there?".

The door opened making an old cracking sound. There stood a giant figure. It was Alexander. Lilly's heart nearly popped out, she just froze. She gathered courage and in a stammering tone she asked "Are you fine dad?". There was no reply.
The giant figure proceeded further. He was holding an old rusted rod that he might have got from his room. He had that old scary smile on his face. Her hands were so cold that they were about to freeze. Lilly was moving backwards but suddenly she hit the wall. She couldn't move any further. She shouted in a shrill voice "Stop" but it seemed to had no effect on Alexander like he was deaf.

That shout woke Charles. He knew what was happening but still he couldn't get out of his bed. His coward mind couldn't handle the situation. Then he heard Lilly's last scream. Alexander pierced the rod inside Lilly's eye that penetrated deep and the rod came out from other side of the head. She had a painful and miserable death.

Charles couldn't forgive himself. If he had tried he might have saved Lilly but he hadn't even tried. He would be cursing himself for the entire life. When he was thinking all about these stuff then suddenly he heard footsteps coming towards his room.