Shattered Hearts

It was already 2:30 a.m. and the bell rang. It was Olivia but she was just too late. After the whole day of searching for a psychologist at the end she found one. Mr Clark was known to be one of the finest psychologist in the town.

She rang the bell multiple times but there was no response. She knocked the door yet no one opened it. She found that quite fishy. She called Charles and Lilly but no one opened the door. She was getting tensed. She decided to peep inside through the window. She saw the whole house filled with darkness. It was as dark as black hole. Not a ray of light entered the house. She was getting perturbed and her voice louder and tensed. She knew that everything is not fine. She was crying and started slamming the door. Mr Clark on seeing her worried came up with an idea to break the door. Olivia without giving it another thought agreed upon the idea.

They keep on slamming the door and after about thirty minutes they succeeded. Olivia's hand was bleeding but she showed no concern and ran directly towards Lilly's room. Her flashlight sparkled upon the red blood on the floor and then went directly upon Lilly's face. Her face, almost torn apart was drenching with blood. This was enough to make Olivia numb. She did not want to believe but it was the harsh reality. She almost fainted and fell backward. She tried to shout but she was so shocked that no words came out of her mouth. She couldn't even had the courage to touch Lilly. Her five years old adorable child was in such a miserable condition that it was extremely difficult for her to look at her face. What was her mistake? No one could imagine that her life, so short and beautiful would end up like this.

After about five minutes Mr Clark helped her to regain herself. When she started getting what had happened there and that it's not her nightmare but reality then she broke into thousand shrills. Her heart filled with grief only wanted to talk to her child for the last time.

She hadn't even recovered herself when an unpleasant thought clicked in her mind. The only question that was zooming in her mind was "Where is Charles?". Her head started spinning and with her trembling legs she rushed towards his room. There was no sign of life. In her stammering tone she called Charles. Her throat filled with tear. She could barely speak a word or two.

She asked Mr Clark to follow her to the power supply room. They rushed for the main switch but Olivia tripped on something and fell down. When she flashed the torch then she jumped backwards. It was a burnt body. The face wasn't in a condition that anyone would recognise it. When she scanned the whole body then something caught her eyes. The ring. It was of Charles that Alexander gifted him on his last birthday. The body was of Charles. Her eyes nearly popped out. She was feeling like if someone had pulled her soul out of her body. She touched his cheeks but the skin shed of exposing his bones. Charles was now merely a piece of burnt flesh. Her eyes have been dried up and not a single drop of tear fell of her red and swelled up eyes. Her life seemed to be meaningless. Her family, her world, all have been shattered and she was left with nothing. Mr Clark told her to run away as the place was not safe but it seemed to have no effect on her. She was just a body without a soul. Her brain froze. Mr Clark helped her to stood up and almost dragged her out of the basement. They somehow reached living room when they saw Alexander sitting on the couch.