1

Kong's POV

"Ai'Kong.. stop there.. You know you won't get away from me.." My best friend Forth shouted from behind as he chased me with his cycle. 
"Not this time.. I got better at cycling..." I shouted as I peddled more faster. I turned to the right to take a short cut but had to cycle through many steps..

"I am not gonna let you go.. you know right." Forth said as he caught up with me when I stopped infront of our colony. We do not race inside cause people would keep walking and kids would be running on the road. 
"Let us see.." I said and smirked.
"Why can't you show the trophy or you won't even say how much you won as cash prize..? You used to tell me everytime..?" He asked me.
"I want to show it to you, Mae and Por at the same time.. then we can go out.." I said. I covered the trophy in the bag and kept the money in my pocket.
"That is why you are my best friend.. let us go now.." He said and we started cycling slowly towards our home.

I am returning from a quiz competition in Mathematics and Physics. I have won first prize and they gave me 50k cash. This is my first time winning this much amount. It will mean a lot to us cause we are from a middle class family. Though I am gonna use 1000 for celebrating with Forth.. the rest I am going to hand over to Mae so that we can save them for future purpose. I won't say we are very poor.. we do own a small home in this place with two rooms as well as small kitchen and a living room. But other than that.. Por works daily at site to earn the money. Forth's was also from the same family status.. but in his case.. both his parents work.. Uncle used to work as a doctor.. but due to some incident he gave up on his career and joined as a school doctor while his mother works as a tourist guide.

"Who is shifting here..?" Forth asked. I looked forward and noticed someone unloading things in front of the house beside mine. Forth stays on the other side of our home. 
"I don't know.. Mae was saying something two days back.. but I was busy playing a game." I said. "All I remember is they are someone who use to stay here in my childhood before you moved here." I added. Both of us stopped in front of my home.

We saw one boy around our age trying to lit the diwali bombs which was a tradition they follow before entering the new house. 
"Oon.?" I said surprisingly with a low voice which only Forth heard.
"Oon..? As in the Nong you told about.. Arthit..?" Forth asked me. I did tell him about Oon a lot of times. Though I am angry at him for not even telling a proper bye and leaving just like that.. he is a special person in my life.
"Yes.. it is him.." I whispered to him and then turned back towards Oon. He was jumping every second.. he was really scared of those crackers. He was holding them with a stick and trying to light them up.

After few attempts.. I and Forth put the cycle away and were about to step forward to help him when he lit them successfully.. but he was jumping with the sounds.. and then he threw the stick in air.. they ended up falling on me.. Forth stepped aside trusting that I can rid of them and throw them aside.. but Oon had to come forward and mess it up..

"I am sorry.." He said trying to remove them from me but instead with all the jumping.. he made it more complicated. 
"Aish.. step aside kiddo. I will get rid of them." I said loudly so he will be able to hear it in all this mess... Forth pulled Oon away while I got rid of them.. but my bad luck.. my hand as well as back got burned a little. 

"Kong.. let me see.." Mae and Por ran towards me along with Forth with worried faces.. Mae was almost about to cry.. 
"Mae.. It's okay.. they are minor burns.." I tried to reassure them.
"I will go get the ointment for burns.." Forth said and rushed to the medical store while Por and Mae rushed me inside. I took out my shirt and Por cleaned the wounds with water while I had my hand dipped in another set of cold water.

Forth came back soon and then slowly started applying ointment as he made Mae and Por to sit. 
"Mae.. Por.. relax na khab.. you know I get hurt like this every now and then while playing.. it's okay.." I assured them. "By the way.. I won.. The trophy is there in the cycle basket.. and here is the cash prize they gave." I added and took out the cash they gave. I am glad I put them inside the papers then but it in the cover