10

3rd Person POV

Today was the day of examinations.. it was going to a play a vital role in deciding which way their go in their life.. All the parents were accompanying their kids to the exam Centre.. but Kong managed to assure his parents that everything would be good. He had to divide from his gang cause the school asked him to collect his hall ticket on the day of exam. 

Though Forth, New and the rest wanted to accompany Kong.. but Kong asked them to wait at the exam centre gate while he collects the hall ticket and comes. All the teachers wished Kong best of luck when he went to collect the hall ticket. After thanking every teacher.. he made his way towards the exam centre. 

While riding his cycle.. he saw a little boy crying on the foot path. He checked the time and decided to see what happened.
"Hey Nong.. what happened..? Why are you crying..?" Kong asked as he sat in front of the little boy..
"Phi Mae.. Mae.. not waking." He said as he held Kong's hand completely shivering as he pointed towards the side of a car.
"Nong.. shh relax.. let me see.." Kong said.. He held the little boy in his hands and went towards the direction he pointed.

There he saw a women around age 35.. with her head on the car steering. Her head was bleeding mostly due to the impact of hit.. He immediately covered the little ones eyes and made him sit behind the car.
"Nong.. sit here.. let me help you to take her to hospital." He said. He shifted the lady to the side seat and took the driver seat. He sped towards the hospital as fast as he could with his bag leaving his cycle behind.

"Sir.. Ma'am.. Please help them.. They met in an accident.. I saw them on route.. I did not have phone.. so I directly bought them.. and this one is her son.. he called her Mae.." Kong said hurriedly at the hospital reception.
"Okay.. we will take her to the emergency room.. Thank you.. Can you stay by till the police comes since it is an accident case.?" The receptionist asked.
"I am extremely sorry ma'am.. I have a university exam in another 15minutes.. I need to rush." Kong explained.

At the same time.. his friends were worried that Kong hasn't made it till now as it was time the gates were going to get closed.. They were nervous and scared but their parents assured them and send them inside.

"Give us your details sir.. so we can contact you." The receptionist said. Kong wrote down his and his parents contact details and rushed from there after assuring the little Nong. By the time he reached.. he was already a minute late. One of his faculty was there along with his friends parents.. they tried to get him in but there wasn't any possibility.. 

Kong explained to them what happened and said that he would take the exam in the time allotted without any extra time.. but he wasn't permitted.. His parents reached sooner and hugged Kong who was completely devastated. 
"I failed.. I failed Mae.. I failed.. everything I worked for went waste." He sobbed as he hugged his mother tightly. 
"Son.. relax.. I am really proud of you.. you saved a life son.. you saved a little one from being left in this world without a mother." Kong's mother Kusum tried to console his son though it was heart breaking for her to see him like this.
"Kong.. son.. you can take the exam again.. we can do long term.. It's okay.. please.. we can do something.. you even have a diploma right.." Kong's father tried to calm his son who was crying hard for the first time in his life.

The principal and other faculty close to Kong have reached the centre when they heard what happened.. his friends parents were also very upset because everyone knew how intelligent Kong was and how hard he works.. he was the reason why their kids performance have improved a lot and now it was hurting them to see that person breaking down. They have treated Kong also as their son.. especially Forth's and New's parents.

"Kongpob." His school principal called him. "Listen son.. I know it is very devastating.. but son.. we are all proud of you.. you saved a life.. you wanted to become a doctor.. and for that.. the first thing you need to know is the value of a life and how to react in such situation.." His principal said. It was a fact.. everyone were proud that he managed to save a life in time.
"But sir.. without getting into university.. how will I even become a doctor though I know the value.?" Kong asked with tears in his eyes.. He was one of the strongest student they have ever seen.. all the faculty have a soft corner for Kong who has been around since his primary school.