17

Arthit's POV

We were all having our lunch in the engineering department canteen. Phi Kong told that he was the class monitor while Phi Beam was the vice class monitor. Phi even told me about their classmate Phun who seemed a little rude. I managed to feed Phi Kong in between cause he was busy creating the class group on line app.

I, Phi Forth and Phi Tay told them about the hazing which was going to start from tomorrow itself. I even told them the stories of how strict they were from my other classmates.
"Engineering students have to be tough.. that doesn't mean you need to be serious all time.. just learn to make tough decisions and face harsh things. The management won't support bullying.. learn to see the reason behind the activites.. If you can't, try following their orders and then ask them what it teaches you if you still won't understand." Phi Kong said.

"Okay sir." I, Phi Forth, Phi Tay said at the same time giving him a mock salute to which he just rolled his eyes.
"I even need to learn advanced mathematics and physics.. I am not that good with it except for what you taught me in school." I complained to him.
"Then.. I will help you with those.. it is all a matter of time when you start learning." Phi Kong said giving me a smile.
"Really..? You will help me.?" I asked excitedly. "But Phi.. you also have your own subjects.. I don't wanna burden you." I said when I realized it.

"It is the start itself Oon.. we won't have much.. so we can start sooner." He assured me.
"You know.. even we guys are here who need advanced mathematics and physics." Phi Forth said pointing at him and Phi Tay while Phi Beam, Phi New and Gun were talking to eachother about some clubs.
"Have you asked.?" Phi Kong asked back. They both shared a look before they stood up.
"SIR KONG.. PLEASE ACCEPT US AS YOUR STUDENTS." They said a little loudly. Luckily there were only a few students.

"Oii.. sit down dumbos.. I will.. I will teach you both also." Phi Kong immediately made them sit. They both laughed while Phi Kong face palmed. We had our lunch as we continued to chitchat. Once we were done, we walked to check on all the clubs so we can decide one.

"Excuse me.. would you like to learn basketball..? We have a club and we also organize competition.. we also have a university team." One boy came to me giving me a pamphlet. I genuinely wanted to try.
"Phi.. I wanna join..." I said looking at Phi Kong excitedly. Though I wasn't interested to play matches.. I wanted to learn basics so I can accompany Phi Kong in future.
"No Oon." He denied immediately. 
"But why..? Do you think I can't play.?" I asked him as I pouted. I know he must have some reason.. but added it playfully.

"Hello there mister.. are you looking down at him..? Just cause he is a little shorter than regular basketball players.?" Someone asked rather rudely as they came towards us with a basketball in hand. I did not expect someone to join this conversation and be rude to Phi.. it was just a generic conversation.
"Khun.." I tried to stop but the girl was glaring at Phi Kong.
"I am talking to him.." She said rudely. "Tell me mister.. do you think you can play in the first place.?" She asked harshly.
"First.. it was a conversation between us.. you don't have a right to involve into someones conversation like that. That is called being mannerless. Second.." Phi Kong replied and took the ball from her hands. He went and stood near the half line outside the court.

"It's okay.. he has got this." I heard Phi Forth whispering in my ear and only then did I understand that I was sweating and nervous. Phi Kong shoot the ball and it went directly into the basket. I cheered for him and even jumped in excitement. 
"I don't look down on him.. no one knows better than me how strong he is.. I was the one to witness his determination to achieve things. As a matter of fact, I don't look down on anyone." Phi Kong said with a calm polite voice.

"Then why did you deny him.?" The person who gave me the pamphlet asked Phi Kong.
"That is cause he joined in Engineering department. And he needs to learn both Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Physics to survive in the department and get nice scores. Above that he doesn't know the basics of basketball.. he never played.. so obviously he will not be able to divide time properly above that he will have to undergo hazing session." Phi Kong explained.