11 - Basketball

Matt left to go meet Jack, Evan, and the others at the basketball court. Some of the members of Tribeca Prep's basketball team were there as well.

Matt had told Jack he'd come. He couldn't bring himself not to show up after telling Jack he'll meet up with him and the others later.

"Hey," Matt greeted his friends.

"Hey," Zac said. "Ready to play basketball?"

"Are you okay?" Jack asked Matt in a quiet voice.

"Yeah," Matt lied.

Zack threw a basketball towards Matt. He caught it as it fell towards him. 

Matt followed Jack onto the court.

The group began playing basketball for a while. Thanks to Matt's increased speeded and awareness, his team was in the lead.

"Dude," Jack said, lowering his voice.

"I know," Matt said, slightly out of his break. "I know, indeed to chill."

"Yeah," Jack nodded.

"I'm sorry," Matt said. "I can't help it."

"I know, I know," Jack said. "It's your werewolf senses and stuff."

Matt nodded. "I'm gonna work on it."

They continued to play basketball. Matt controlled his speed and not use it as an advantage, whether he intentionally is using it or not.

After an hour of playing, they stopped to take a break.

He looked behind him to see Alex and Harper showing up. They were mid - conversation as they got there. They joined in the conversation of a group that showed up. 

Matt quickly looked away, not sure of whether he should wave at her or not. He wanted to say hi to her, he wanted to be friends with her, but after their break up, he wasn't sure if she wanted to be friends again. He wasn't sure if 

"Are you and Alex ever going to talk?" Jack whispered as he and Matt walked over to their things.

"I don't know," Matt said. "I want to, but I don't think she wants to talk to me."

"Go talk to her," Jack advised. "That's what I'd do."

"I don't know," he hesitated. 

Matt looked over at Alex and Harper, who were both glancing over at Matt every couple of seconds.

"Are you going to talk to Alex?" Evan asked, lowering his voice.

"I don't..." Matt said.

Jack grabbed Matt and pulled him over.

"What are you doing?" Matt said.

Evan smiled, knowing what Jack was doing.

He pushed Matt's back, knowing that he won't move.

"Hey, guys," Jack said.

"Hey, Jack, Evan," Alex smiled. "Matt."

Matt nodded.

"Matthew," Harper glared.

"Okay, you two need to talk," Jack said. "I don't care if you guys don't want to."

"I'm going to drink water," Matt said.

"Ma -" Jack began.

Matt walked away before Jack or anyone could stop him.

"Is he okay?" Alex asked.

"Ask him yourself," Jack said.

"Why can't you just tell me?" Alex demanded.