25 - Monster Hunters

Matt explained to his father what Justin had done. 

Naturally, Harrison was not happy about what Justin had done. Whether or not it was an accident, the situation that Justin put the family in was not good.

"I'm locking you in the transformation room," Harrison said.

"What why?" Matt asked. "Can I at least get my briefcase?"

"Uh, yes," Harrison sighed.

"I've got it," Jack said, rushing to the transformation room. "I've got it."

Matt smiled, relieved.

Jack knew what Matt was thinking.

"I'll be in here," Matt said, referring to his briefcase.

Whatever was going on outside of the briefcase, Matt and Jack had no idea. They were too busy studying the magical creatures they already had. 

Matt looked around the inside of the briefcase. He and Harrison were able to create for the magical creatures that Matt and Jack were studying. They were able to create all these different habitats for them.

What if...

"What are you thinking?" Jack asked, noticing the expression on Matt's face.

"Dad and I were able to create all these different habitats for the different creatures we got or will get," Matt said. 

"Yeah?"

"What if... what if we create a habitat for... for me?" he looked at Jack.

Jack tilted his head.

"Think about it, Jack," Matt said, "rather than being trapped in a tiny room and breaking stuff, creating something for - for a werewolf... I'll have more space to run and - and..."

"What about the magical creatures already in here?"

"We'll put in protective charms," Matt said, "and cast spells to make sure that whatever I do, it won't hurt them."

"Do you think it'll work?" Jack asked.

"I don't know," Matt admitted, "but we'll have to talk to my dad about it."

Jack nodded in agreement.

"We'll definitely need to talk to your dad," Jack said.

"Alright, let's get to work," Matt said.

Matt and Jack set to work. 

Matt did most of the work since this is his independent study. Jack was mainly there for help and to take notes. Matt was more than capable of doing all the work himself, but he agreed that he'd work with Jack.

The moment that Matt and Jack agreed to work together, he began thinking... would it be a good idea to do something in the mortal world? They could have some sort of business in the mortal world, like the mechanic store or something.

He could study business and he knew that Jack wanted to study English Literature in college. Maybe... they could open some sort of business together in the mortal world and in the magical world.

"Will they be able to track you in the briefcase?" Jack wondered. "The monster hunters?"

"Nah," Matt said, shaking his head no as he stood up. "I cast a spell that pretty much erases any scent that we have."

They were able to find a large griffin out in the wild and lure it into the briefcase. 

Matt had to case many protective spells to keep everyone in the briefcase safe. Matt was struggling to figure out a way to study the griffin without getting hurt.