Chapter 4 ❀ "Prince Charming"

996 words
SONG RECOMMENDATION: At My Worst ~ Pink Sweat$

CHAPTER QUESTION:
Are you a morning person?

CHAPTER QUESTION:Are you a morning person?

Location: Todoroki household_U.A High school classroom
Time: Monday 8:00 pm_Tuesday 7:15 am
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SLEEPING AFTER THE DAY SHOTO HAD YESTERDAY WAS CHALLENGING. When he had gotten home his siblings had bombarded him with questions about his first day.

'Did you make a good impression on the teachers?'
'Did you eat the lunch I packed you?'
'Did you make any friends?'

They were normal questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Even though the questions were easy pickings, Todoroki still couldn't manage to answer them because truthfully, he couldn't remember. His entire day had been taken up with the constant one sided arguments and conversations with Amami that he hadn't even payed attention to anything else.

Before dinner, Endeavor asked him if he was the strongest student in class.

That question Shoto did have an answer for, but it wasn't one that he was proud of.

"I'm not sure, probably..." Todoroki shrugged his shoulders. It was the best he could come up with to satisfy his old man.

Needless to say, Shoto went to bed without dinner that night. Not because he was punished to, but because his father's lecturing made him loose his appetite.

Shoto found it hard to fall asleep that night. His thoughts were all about her.

Chihiro Amami.

He had never held a such a grudge against a person like he did with her. He himself was not even completely sure as to what made him tick when it came to Amami. But he did know that at the end of the day, he earned his power, she didn't, it was as simple as that.

Shoto Todoroki feel asleep that night, a sinking unfamiliar feeling in his gut eating away at him the entire night.

It was now the next day and he was in his seat in the back of the class. Amami hadn't shown up yet so he was blessed with a few minutes of silence. That was only for a few minutes, ofcourse.

Chihiro was the last to show up, just like yesterday. Shoto wondered why she was always on the brink of being late. Unlike yesterday, she wasn't dressed in a newly ironed and clean school uniform. Her hair wasn't even decorated with all of the golden strings and trinkets like yesterday. However, the rest of the boys in class didn't seem to mind as they all continued to fawn over her.

Amami gave them all a tired wave and a smile and continued toward her seat.

Her eyes were dark around her bottom lashes and her face had a lacking of the natural shine against her cheek bones and the bridge of her nose. Her uniform was wrinkled to the point where it was obvious she slept in it. Dry mud was cracked around the creases of her shoes and she was trickling it into the classroom almost like someone leaving breadcrumbs behind as a trail.