Chapter 6 ❀ "Peppermint"

2593 words
SONG RECOMMENDATION: Growing pains ~ Coin//Horrible Kids ~ Set It Off

CHAPTER QUESTION:
What is your favorite anime ship of ALL time?

CHAPTER QUESTION:What is your favorite anime ship of ALL time?

Location: outside U.A High school
Time: Tuesday 2:45 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODOROKI WATCHED AMAMI FROM AFAR AS SHE TALKED WITH ONE OF THEIR CLASSMATES.

Why are you acting so normal?

She was like this perfect princess that everyone wanted to befriend. Was he really the only one who could see through her sharad?
All of the students had changed back into their school uniforms once the activity was over. Luckily for Shoto, no one wanted to talk about his quarrel with Amami because Midoriya and Bakugo quite literally stole the show. Their battling styles were impressive, yes, but his mind wouldn't dwell on them for long. It always went back to her.

Just who did she think she was? Thinking she could control him like he was some kind of toy...

She smiled brightly at something Midoriya had said. Her response, even though Todoroki couldn't hear it, must have been flirtatious because the green haired boy became flushed.

She was just a manipulator and Shoto couldn't let himself fall for her tricks; he was better than that.

School had come to an end and Shoto had managed to avoid Chihiro almost the entire duration of it. Stepping outside of U.A high, he could feel a crisp breeze blow past him, ruffling his hair and uniform just a tad. The weather was immaculate and he was looking forward to the walk home.
The quiet walk home alone.

"Have you been avoiding me, Peppermint?"

The half and half boy let out a loud groan. He could manage to put up with her during school, but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to civilly deal with her pestering in the outside world.
So he kept walking even though he could still hear her footsteps behind him.

"Why can't you take a hint?" Todoroki seethed without turning around to face her.

All of the sudden, Chihiro appeared in front of him out of thin air. She was close, she must have really been wanting to catch him off guard.
Shoto stopped quickly so he wouldn't run into her but his response time wasn't good enough because now, even though they weren't touching, they stood very close to each other.
Todoroki's pride wouldn't let him step away. Backing away from her would be like admitting defeat; So he simply stared down at the brown eyed weirdo while she looked up at him.

She blinked; he blinked.
and suddenly, it was a staring competition.

"Did you know we have a ship name?" She tilted her head.

Huh?

"You're lying" Todoroki responded quickly.

Amami clicked her tongue, let it run across her teeth quickly, and took a step backwards. Shoto let out a breath of air that he didn't even know he was holding in and watched as she brought her palm up to her own eye level. Her eyes squinted as if she were reading something off of her palm.