12;; The Date

12;; The Date 

✩ ✩ ✩

"What are you doing Riki?" Jake muttered beside Riki who was examining his open closet.

The two of them were in Jake's room, for now at least, Riki had just dragged the two out of his room (the guest room) after a good fifteen minutes of a little searching and a little staring of his closet, which didn't have many clothes, and now he was doing the same to Jake's. The older suddenly questioned him but he decided not to respond which just made him even more curious.

So, Jake stayed silent just as Riki was doing and occasionally questioned what he was doing.

"Since you are going on a date, we're beginning a new lesson on matchmaking – the date." Riki said sternly before a sweet smile engulfed his features into a childish grin, "Cool, right?" Jake nods.

"Yeah, yeah – I know that" Jake runs his fingers through his hair, "but why are we travelling around the house?"

"But this is part one of – the date," He emphasized the words 'the date' once again before returning to his searching.

"You don't have to say it like – the date – every time," Jake teases, and slings his arm over the younger shoulder as he begins to stare again, "so what is part one of the date," He takes a seat on his bed instead of standing.

"Well, we need to make sure you look very good but very authentic," Riki looks through his closet, "Minsong likes style but not very showy clothes you know? Like look at me I'm so hot but more like I put in effort just for you, you know?" He turns to face Jake who hums in response.

"Aw, that's so sweet," Jake chuckles, "but I already dress like that?"

"What?"

"Yeah," Jake trails off, "I dress like that because you're staying for the week,"

"You really need to stop trying out your 'flirting techniques' on me," Riki doesn't face Jake since he's too busy looking for the perfect outfit, "I'm trying to concentrate."

"So, what you're saying it, my flirting makes you nervous?" Jake teases, suppressing a laugh that was very close to leaving his lips if not for his pursed lips.

"Jake, stop." The younger mumbles and fixes his curly blonde hair from falling all over his eyes, blowing the whimsy strands out of his face.

"Sorry, sorry," He stands up again to fix his shelf, fixing the book before taking his seat again, "but I am getting better aren't I?" he adds.

"Mhm, I guess – you do learn from the best," Riki responds nonchalantly which makes Jake scoff, resting his head in his palm as he watches the younger fiddle around with his clothes, "I think I'm getting something good," He smiles more to himself than Jake as he places a few clothes onto the bed.

"Hey, don't ruin anything alright," Jake suddenly states which catches him off guard, nodding slowly as he places some of the clothes back into the closet.

Riki looked at the choices he had laid out on the bed, examining the items of clothing with a stern expression that confused Jake – he did that a lot when he was deep in thought or very invested in the task at hand. He often wondered what Jake would look best in and somehow that came in handy today (he knew it would) and so the perfect outfit just came to him.

Eventually, Riki had eliminated the majority of clothes, leaving a simple all-white outfit that he was pretty satisfied with. When he dusted off the clothes, he gathered them all in his hands and set them out in front of Jake gesturing at him to look at his choice and to receive his approval.