15;; Bet on the jacket

✩ ✩ ✩

"It's been ages since we all came together to have fun," Jay states, resting his elbows on the table when everyone turns their attention to him, "or is it just me?" he sighs.

"Just you," Sunghoon states bluntly as he flips through his textbook, and gosh was it boring. He rolls his eyes at his response and returns back to his work, tapping his pen against the paper as he hums softly to himself.

"Yeah, thanks." He teases and is a little taken aback when Sunghoon doesn't spare a glance at him.

"No, because we didn't all come together," Sunoo points out, looking up from his book, "And we're not having fun – we're studying," he picks up his textbook and shakes it in front of Jay.

"Yeah, Jake isn't here," Sunghoon finishes off, finally breaking his vow of silence just to see Jay's reaction. The older purses his lips into a thin line and shrugs which made him roll his eyes.

Riki suddenly glances up from his work and brushes off the rubber on his diagram, setting his pencil aside and reaching out to pick up his pen, "Where is Jake anyways?" Jungwon asks.

"Oh, he went to practice – its' the big games in a few days; you know, that one that went so big they got into nationals that one time," Riki explained, twiddling with his pen.

"Ah, yes – that one." Jay smiled and cracked his fingers once he'd dropped his pen.

"What does that mean?" Riki gives him a puzzled expression and refrains from pressing his pen on his paper again.

"You know, it's the one where Jake gives Riki his jacket – for good luck – at least he says," Jay points out and the younger nods nonchalantly, returning back to his work, "Do you think he's going to give it to you this year?" he suddenly asks.

"Why do you say that?" Riki mummers, flipped through the pages of his textbook as he scribbles down the answers.

"Doesn't he say that every time this game comes around?" Sunoo asks another question which makes them chuckle.

"Well yeah, but I guess only now Riki realised how weird the question is?" Sunghoon tried to explain but his answer seemed to come out as more of a question.

"I thought it was routine now," Jungwon teases, the younger's blonde hair covering his face as he worked so his response was virtually zero, "But Jake usually answered for him,"

"But today, Jake isn't here."

"And that's why this is the best time to ask Riki," The older explained in a matter-of-fact tone and now everyone's looking over at Riki, waiting for his response. He looks up when he feels everyone staring down at him, unsure of how to respond, "so, do you think Jake's gonna give his jacket to you this year?"

He gently pushed his stationery, papers and books away from him and really thought about the question. He'd never had to think about a question like this because, as mentioned before, Jake had always cut him off; quickly stating that of course, he would, who else was more special to him than... Riki.

Oh gosh, was he blushing? Riki didn't realise how sweet the sentence was until he whispered it to himself. He shook his head and sighed, staring from the top. After the whole incident of midnight (as he likes to call it), Jake has been even closer to him which he very much appreciated so maybe he would but then there was Minsong.