26;; Calling him

26;; Calling him

✩ ✩ ✩

Riki was absolutely clueless where he and Jake stood relationship-wise.

He knew that when they were just best friends, they never kissed or did any of the things they did now. They weren't like this before the matchmaking.

Not Minsong and Jake's matchmaking, but their matchmaking. Riki had realised while he was attempting to matchmake Minsong and Jake together but then had accidentality instead, matchmaked himself with Jake. There 'fake' dates, there kisses and sleeping in each other's arms a little too close – this, this wasn't practiced anymore.

Jake was beginning to take these daily occurrences as normal, or at least, hadn't brought it to his attention and didn't care to ask, 'we kiss like every day so um, are we still best friends or?' He wasn't complaining – not at all – but Riki just didn't know what to make of the situation.

Before the break, his mind was entertained and busied by other things like dance and sorting out the Jungwon-Jay situation instead of focusing on his relationship with Jake, but now was laying beside him on his bed and contemplating the whole 'matching the matchmaker' thing.

Was that even the correct name anymore?

"You awake, Riki?" Jake murmured, thick raspy vowels lathered with tiredness from the previous night, slightly pulling him closer. He wondered how long Jake had been awake for, a quiet yawn slipping from his lips.

"Yeah," Riki mumbled, fawning over how the olders features were slightly puffy and how his ruffled hair looked all fluffy whenever he woke up. Jake smiled and rubbed his eye.

"Still tired?" Jake raised his eyebrow, the younger nodding and rolling onto his back with a soft groan, "Same – when did we go to sleep?"

"Hmm, I dunno," Riki mumbled, "Like twelve? I was too tired to remember – what were we even doing?"

"Your sister and Yoo Mi came over, my parents went all visitor mode, and we just ate and watched stuff until my dad told us to go to bed,"

"Oh yeah, that," Riki chuckles, voice rough with sleep, "If that's how too much coke feels like then I never want to be drunk,"

"Yeah, like Konon would ever let you touch alcohol," the older snorted, propping himself up with the aid of his forearm.

"Pfft, I can grow older you know."

At that Jake let out a pathetic laugh, adjusting himself on the bed and resting on the wall behind him with a pillow, pulling up Riki with him who shuffled closer to his side. He wasn't sure if it was just the tiredness or the fact that he could barely see because of how much he was rubbing his eye, but Jake looked... like something.

Sim Jaeyun, or well Jake, looked... perfect.

Riki nearly slapped himself again when that thought raced through his head, jolting himself off of Jake's shoulder and rubbing his nape. Sure, the plummeting rock tumbling down his stomach felt oddly euphoric but he just wanted it all to make sense.

"Yeah, I know," Jake merely said, staring at the younger one who fumbled with his fingers, "But I don't think Konon knows that – she'll always treat you like a baby," he chuckles and shakes his head.

He snorted, "Yeah – you're saying that" Riki rolled his eyes, "You would probably gently kill me if I drank alcohol,"

"Oh? Is that how you see me?" The older scoffed, running his fingers through his dark hair.