21;; Happily ever after

✩ ✩ ✩ 

"You ready for school?" Riki looked up from his cereal, dropping his spoon into his bowl. He glanced up, mouth still full of cornflakes, and nodded as Jake fixed his tie and adjusts his blazer.

"Yeah," He mutters when he swallows his food, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Riki looks over at Layla who's nibbling at her food, the dog looking back at him.

Jake smiles at him for a second before he resumed tousling his hair, the younger male wondering if he would avoid talking about what he said last night. Riki didn't know why that question popped into his head – of course, he wouldn't. There was nothing to say.

He thought it was betting to avoid it anyway; he could still hear the soft whisper tickle against his ear, his tummy still a little jittery.

Shaking his head, he took another bite of his cereal and tried not to look at Jake and instead focus on finishing his breakfast. He didn't know what to say after Jake's parents had left for work that morning and now that Layla had eaten and slept well, that just left them two.

"Anything exciting happening at school?" He hummed, mixing the cereal in his bowl as he smiles to himself, unsure of why he wanted to break the silence even though it wasn't uncomfortable.

Maybe it was because he didn't trust himself with his thoughts.

Jake shrugged, hands fumbling around his tie when his necklace seemed to get tangled with it. He sighed and pulled off his tie, adjusting his necklace before reattempting to put on his tie without taking his necklace off. Riki chuckles at his struggles, the older male not wanting to take the jewellery off.

"Same," Riki sighed to himself, "Nothings ever-interesting at school lets be real – besides dance after school of course," he smiles, sparing a quick glance to see if Jake had managed to put on his tie.

"Well then, anything interesting happening today?" Jake suddenly asks which catches him off guard, not expecting him to respond. He ponders for a moment before shaking his head.

"What about you?" He mutters, picking up his bowl and walking over to the kitchen.

"Yeah same, nothing much either," he smiles to himself in the mirror.

"Why does this keep getting tangled?" He groans to himself, fixing his tie for the nth time that minute, "it's a good thing I woke up early today because this is going to take forever," he grumbles.

"What keeps getting tangled?" Riki places the cold glass of water on the dining table, wiping his mouth clean of any water.

"My tie and my necklace," The older male explains. Showing him the tangled mess, which made Riki chuckle, "I don't even know how this keeps happening," he mutters through seethed teeth when he pulls off his tie again.

"Why don't you just take your necklace off?" Riki points out, taking another sip of water.

Clutching onto the pendant, "I don't want to," he mumbles, and unravels his tie, "I don't like taking it off," he admits softly which forces Riki's lips into a faint smile.

"Then here," Riki begins, walking over to Jake, "Let me help you," he insists and rolls up the sleeves of his blazer.

He watches through the mirror as Riki unclips his necklace and places it on the coffee table, picking up the tie instead. Jake's eyes trail down to the necklace on the table, picking it up.