24;; Everything and nothing

✩ ✩ ✩ 

When Riki woke up that morning, Jake and Eun had already eaten breakfast and gone out, presumably to take Layla on a walk.

He wasn't too bothered about it; Jake had told him the night before and he was glad that he was finally getting time to spend with his family. That was the whole reason Riki had bought Jake to Eun's house in the first place. He wasn't quite sure why he was so surprised when Jake send him a text like he usually did when he had practice – checking if he was okay.

Quickly responding to the text, Riki made his way downstairs and popped two pieces of bread in the toaster. He hummed quietly to himself, not used to being home alone.

He guessed it was because Jake was always there when everyone went out, calling each other over to their houses whenever their parents went out.

He shrugged the thought off and placed the freshly toasted toast onto his plate, the slightly ajar window allowing his skin to cool off in the warm weather and cancel out the jarring silence in the house. He took a seat on the large dining table and didn't know why a chuckle left his lips – it was so big yet so empty.

Riki took a shaky sip of his cold water before taking a bite of his breakfast, eyes averting the large window which displayed the empty roads that seemed to drag out for miles on end. He thought he might as well check up on Konon after he ate his breakfast since he had some time on his hands.

He quickly finished his food and washed his plate clean, unknowingly fumbling around with his pockets to find his phone. Riki waits patiently for Konon to respond, taking a seat on the sofa and switching on some show he knew he wasn't going to pay attention to.

"Hi Konon," Riki began when he hears his sister on the other end, "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

He smiles upon hearing his sister's response, glad that his sister seemed to be happy by the way she spoke. He nods softly even though he knows she can't see him, eyes suddenly scanning the living room.

"Of course, I have – have you?" She asks and he can hear her sneaky grin from the phone, wondering what she was working on or up to nowadays.

"Yeah, I just made myself some toast," Riki mutters, "Anything exciting happening today?" he muses, the question never failing to make him smile. It used to be something Konon would always tell him at breakfast until he would wake up early and had the chance to steal her line until it was both of theirs.

"I wish," She sighs half-heartedly, "But all I and Yoo Mi have time for is studying – your summer holidays start earlier than ours so that's fun," Konon shakes her head and waits for Riki's laugh that always rung on cue.

"So, while you get to relax and do some cool fun things with Jake and your friends, I'm stuck here, studying until my brain explodes from stress and annoyance," Konon exasperates with an annoyed tone before she lets out a chortle, the younger male nodding with a wide grin.

"At least you get to have Bisco," Riki suddenly brings up the dog that he missed oh-so-much and even more now that Jake could probably take Layla home again.

"I could let you have him for a while if you want, otherwise I will use Bisco for my emotional support for the time being," Konon explains with a matter-of-fact tone.

"Is exams really that bad?" He teases but really, he hopes his sister is alright and could maybe get time to visit her in their break, "If it is, I wouldn't want to strip you from your emotional support," he chuckles mindlessly, carding his fingers through his hair.