14;; Putty & slime

14;; Putty & slime

✩ ✩ ✩

"Why are you unpacking?" Jake looks through Riki's open door, luggage sprawled open on his floor as he carefully takes out the small number of clothes he had brought over.

Riki doesn't notice the older male leaning against his door until he walks inside, eyes quickly flying up to look at Jake who gives him a simple smile – the small gesture all he needed to return the gesture.

"Oh," Riki placed his clothes back into the closet, the older male helping him unpack.

He chuckles uneasily when they reach out to pick the same shirt, "My dad's going home to look after my sister and help my mum out," he states, his smile crumpling at the edges as he continues.

"Dad told us to stay at a friends house since we're both non-adults so," Riki smiles at his words, trying to make a joke out of the situation he'd rather not talk about.

Jake ruffles the blonde's crimped hair, the younger softening at the sweet gesture as he zips up the empty suitcase. He gives the older male a cute grin before placing the luggage in the corner of his room.

Jake always seemed to make his troubles fade away, and he could put on a genuine smile.

"All done," Jake smiles and brushes off his palms with a content expression, standing up as he holds out his hand for Riki to pull himself up.

"Thanks," He breaths out, grabbing his hand before smiling at his work.

Jake gestures to follow him downstairs, "C'mon, let's go eat some breakfast," he smiles and turns his head back to the stair, his hand instinctively coiling around the railing as he quickly makes his way to the living room.

Riki follows after him and glances around the room as if it were his first time there, taking a seat on the sofa as he watches some random Saturday morning cartoons. He reaches over to pick up the remote but refrains; what else could he watch?

Jake spares a glance at the younger who seems pretty content watching the random show, smiling subconsciously at the image. He wondered why he didn't visit his sister after how upset he was, or at least go to Yoo Mi's house to see his Bisco again. It somehow warmed his heart that Riki found comfort in being in his company, he didn't realise just how much they were a part of each other's lives until now.

But he preferred it that way.

"You prefer waffles over pancakes – right?" Jake placed two plates onto the dining table, running back into the kitchen to grab two tall glasses of cold water.

Riki scoffed and drew out a chair, "Aren't they the same?" he takes a seat and pulls the warm plate of waffles closer to him causing him to feel even hungrier than before.

"Yeah, because last time I said that you didn't try to murder me," Jake's sarcastic tone if muffled when he bites a piece of his waffle.

"Different day, different me," Riki mutters out coolly.

"Oh, and by the way Riki," Jake mumbles, swallowing his food before taking his hand away from his mouth, "Minsong cancelled our date – texted me yesterday," he takes a sip of his water, not catching the younger reaction.

"Yeah, yeah – I found out this morning," He adds, "He said he had something important to do and didn't realise that the date was clashing; said he would reschedule when he had time,"

"Yeah, he called me and said he had something really important to do so it's probably nothing," Jake mutters out nonchalantly, averting his attention to his remaining waffles as he fidgets with the sleeves of his shirt, "It doesn't matter – I don't think I was ready anyways," he whispers.