20;; Was you

20;; Was you

✩ ✩ ✩ 

"Where are you going, Jake?" Riki looks away from the dishes he was washing, the bubbly foam coating the face of the plate. He switches on the faucet to wash off the dish soap, quickly placing it on the rack.

"Oh," He turns around to face the younger, Riki drying his hands clean on the white towel, "I'm just going to get some fresh air, you know walk around for a bit."

"All I've been doing in my spare time is either fit in some spare volunteer time at the animal sanctuary or watch movies with you," Jake chuckles, tousling his hair in front of the mirror.

"Are you that eager to get rid of me?" The younger teases, a goofy grin slacked over his lips when he strides into the room, "Are you doing something in secret?" he raises his eyebrow.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," he shrugs his shoulders with a lazy smile.

"Hmm, okay then," Riki scrunches his nose as the older male pops open the cap of his chapstick and smear a generous amount on.

"My lips are so dry," He rubs his knuckles over his lips after he smacks them together, pursing his lips before smiling to himself at the mirror.

Riki shakes his head, "I told you licking your lips make your lips drier," he searches around for the remote on the sofa, switching on the TV before flicking through the channels.

"Yeah, yeah I know." He grumbles and slips the chapstick into the pocket of his jeans before brushing off his clothes.

Jake going out for a walk randomly confirmed Riki's conspicuous; something was up with Jake. After Minsong and Jake's date had ended in flames, there was something off about the way he acted.

He assumed it was something Minsong said, but whatever it was, Riki just wanted his best friend to be normal again – genuinely happy. He tried his best to act the same, but they no longer had nights where they would lay in their blankets and watch random movies till the sun rose – he was just more distant.

When Riki wanted to go to the aquarium with him, Jake said he wasn't in the mood and instead continued to do his homework. He brushed it off until he asked if he wanted to go to play in the park yet again, he said he was tired and that they could go later. They didn't go later.

He missed his genuine smiles and his carefree laughter, now he was always retracting his touches and curled up into himself – yesterday, he had even eaten dinner by himself. He seemed to be a lot more stressed and keep to himself more which he didn't mind, but he really did.

It wasn't Jake if they didn't do their normal things, that's what made them best friends, not giving him the cold shoulder. He knew it wasn't Jake's fault that he was acting like that, but he couldn't control the fact that he missed his best friend.

Every time Jake would decline his efforts to hang out or rekindle their best friend, he always seemed to have a good and new excuse that Riki couldn't battle with. It took all of the muscles in his body not to pull him out of his chair and drag him along anyway.

And now he had the perfect time to carry out his plan to bring the colour back to Jake's smile.

"Bye, Jake," Riki waves at the older male, smiling sweetly at him before shutting the door and locking it behind him, "I'll miss you," he quickly adds on with a grin, his pout deflating into a thin line.

"Okay," He huffs, picking himself up and brushing off his palms, "Time to get my plan make Jake feel better!" he exclaims.

"I don't even know where to start," Riki muttered, "I haven't even planned out anything," he groans, nearly tumbling back onto the floor just of the thought of his 'plan'.